New Gen Millennium...APQS listens!!

Just wanted share, I have set up my "New Gen" Millennium, and Wow oh Wow, how did they make my beloved Millennium even better???  It seems smoother and much quieter than my '08 even though I have kept my '08 up to date with Bliss, Quilt Glide, new hopping foot, etc.  The engineers have even made the SR "chirp" quieter!  I can hardly hear the chirp, and it is less frequent.  The thread break sensor and low bobbin indicator are the bomb!!  What can I say; I'm in love all over again!!   :wub:  :wub:

I ordered my new one on Thursday.  Now I can't wait to get it!!!

You wil LOVE it, Sharon!  The new controls are very easy to use and I like the new feature of starting up in SR mode with pre-set stitch length.  

Yesterday I used my "new generation" Millie to teach a new renter.  I was so impressed with how easy it was...no more "hold this little button while pushing this button" etc.  SO SIMPLE!!!!  Love, love, love it!!

I agree, Lucy!  The new buttons are fabulous; so easy to use and I adapted very quickly.  I even like that the channel locks are on the faceplate, easy to see when they are on and they turn on/off at the touch of a fingertip!!  All of the new features are winners in my book!

I'm happy for you, Vickie, to be able to get the latest model Millie!  She's sound like a dream.  I thought my 2006 had lots of bells and whistles, but it sounds like it's the Flintstone version of the new one. :lol:  

Cindy, the New Generation has the same great SR and quality that first brought me to APQS for my '08 Millie, and your '06 as well!!  It's nice to see that the engineers and designers have listened to input from quilters over the years and added some of the features that are requested.  I bought mine sight unseen, but wanted to have the new model to show machine customers.  I'm delighted with the new features!

• 2 weeks later...

I am selling my 2010 Prodigy and wanting the New Milli everyone is talking about.  I had a Milli years ago and sold it because it was so heavy to move around.  Now with the Bliss table I am anxious to get a new one and reading all the comments about it, I am really anxious!!  I have a call into Dawn and waiting for her to call me back.  Would like to go to Des Moines this week end to try it out myself.  I have someone coming next week to see my machine and hope it sells. 

Renae Gamel

Renae, you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference the bliss table makes. I had tried out longarms for several years and just found them too heavy to control and then I tried a Millie on the bliss table and I was amazed at how effortless it was. You will love it. Good luck with selling your Prodigy.

I am selling my 2010 Prodigy and wanting the New Milli everyone is talking about. 

Renae Gamel

Renae, it will be good to have you "back in the fold"!!  I was so sad when you went to the Prodigy, but quilters (and their quilting needs) change over time, and they move on to the next thing.  Glad a new Millie is your "next thing"!!

Thanks Clair, I have someone coming next week to see it.  She has never touch a Longarm machine before so she may really like it since she wants only to work on her own quilts.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, please??

Renae Gamel

Fingers are crossed!  I too am glad to see you back in the fold!  I'm also anxiously awaiting the arrival of "Pearly".  They got my check a week ago, how come she's not here yet? :P   I know, patience is a virtue, but not one I'm currently practicing.  However, I am getting lots of quilt tops worked on to be ready for her!

Thanks Barb, it has been a long time since we have spoken or seen each other but very happy you remembered me.  I am so excited about getting the New Milli, I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to open my present.....LOL. 

Renae Gamel

• 7 months later...

I just got my Millie, the fellas from Iowa brought her out and set her up; the Quilt Path is sooo awesome. I am now learning all about her! Reading,watching the videos here,youtube and the ones that came with it! The company is awesome and they have just gone out of their way to get this to me so quickly.

I gave a beginner class last week to a customer with a new Millie--this customer had also used an older Millie in our local quilt shop.  The customer said to me, "I don't think my SR alarm is working correctly, it is so quiet compared to the machine in the shop."  I personally LOVED it and reassured Janet it was a good thing!  Her machine was a joy to move around, so smooth!

Archived