What are your favorite stencils

I recently bought one of those Sashiko machines by BabyLock...then visited all the stencil sites and bought a bunch of sashiko designs.  I'm using them to do decorative stitching on my backgrounds before quilting.  Those 8 line design stencils (are they by Pam Clarke?) are also helpful for positioning free motion designs on blocks.

I have so many stencils!  I love to use parts or all just depends on the quilt.  For me I like to looks at stencils in a different way.  What will serve as a good spine? Once you have the spine you can freehand the feathers.  I have many, many, many stencils but my most used are Pam Clarks line stencils.  It is fantastic for dividing your space quickly and then quilting within that area.  I think I probably have almost every feather stencil that the Stencil Company has.  Its an addiction so be careful!

Last night, I picked up some things I had requested from Mary Beth Atchison. WOW!!! I wish I had gotten there sooner. I got what I went for, and then some - including about 30 stencils. Don't know for sure what I'm gonna do with all of them, but this post really grabbed my attention. Can't wait to see how I can use all of them. She is SOOOOOO nice besides!

I agree that Pam Clarke stencils are great. I like to buy stencil sets that have several elements that can be used in different areas on the quilt. I have a decent amount of stencils but I want to have many more. I refuse to buy any more until I figure out a better way to store them, because the ones I have are getting bent.

Lisa, I won't make you pick just one!! How about keep it under a hundred? 

Peg, what about using binder or book rings, the metal rings that open and close? You could hang them off of something as simple as plastic clothes hangers. Different colored hangers could hold different "types" of stencils: leaves, feathers, flowers, etc.

I have two of Pam Clarke's stencils, the 8 line and the lines that mark at 1 inch. They really are great. Last weekend I made some more of the inch-size lines on my DSM using the mylar. So now I have 3 inch, 2 inch, and 1-1/2 inch lines made by me. They aren't as good but will do okay and I saved a lot of money.

Are there other online stencil companies that I should check out other than The Stencil Company?

Archived