nqr...traveled 550 miles today...PICTURE

and brought home a Wrestling State Champion, 3rd place in the 8th grade, 90 pound class!

Eric (11) is in 6th grade, but qualified last week for state in the 8th grade class. He had 2 awesome matches today...got 1 buy...and placed 3rd overall. 

He is stoked...as are we! 

he was held in a cradle...but rolled himself onto the other boy and pinned him instead. eric is very strong and agile. 

post-3521-0-69970700-1364756776_thumb.jpg

Oh my!!  Wonderful job!!  Wrestling is a hard sport to watch...I used to be a cheerleader and would get so involved in the match that the other gals would be doing a cheer and I was simply sitting on the edge of the mat screaming for the wrestler, totally oblivious to what I was supposed to be doing.

Thanks all. In the first period of this match, the other kid wrenched eric's shoulder back so far that the coach had to get the referee to blow the whistle. Then he gets stuck in the cradle, is told by coach to walk his legs around, and he gets himself turned over and contorted in such a way that he pins the kid in the kids own move. His back was a bit sore yesterday as is his shoulder, but he is a tough kid.

My husband took the pictures. I can't cheer and take pics for anything! He got some great shots saturday!

Archived