? on Hobbs Wool thickness

I had a new customer bring me some wool for a 90 x 90 quilt. It's going on the frame today. She is a hand quilter and says she uses Harriett's wool batting, which is one of the two Hobbs wool battings. I only have used QD wool and it is a lot puffier than what I'm seeing. The batting she brings me is not in a marked plastic bag and I just like to know what I'm quilting with for future references. Is the Hobbs wool batting thinner than QD wool, like maybe half the thickness?

Here is the writeup on Hobbs washable Wool as per Hobbs website:

"Heirloom® Washable Wool-

Hobbs has combined a unique resin bonding process with magnificent washable wool to make what we believe to be the finest wool batting in the world. Wool breathes better than other fibers and acts like a natural insulator helping to maintain comfort in summer or winter. Wool is exceptionally easy to quilt by hand or machine with quilt spacing up to 4” apart."

I use it quite a bit and find the loft to be about 1/4".  It is very resilient, does not beard and keeps its shape very nicely.

Thank you Janette and Monika! She's a seasoned quilter who loves her wool but I thought I'd better check with the pros. And thank you for confirming it quilts up nicely. It's a relief to know it's not just for hand quilting and is not too thin for long arming. 

Archived