Just VENTING here............continuing t-shirt quilt saga........:>(

so I don't blow my top at "NASTY NIECE" who has not yet paid me for the supplies for the T-shirt quilt...........remember that ????    I finished the quilt and took it over to her Mom's house because I knew niece and family would be there over Easter.   I didn't really want to even see or talk to her...........anyway, guess I should have held the quilt for ransom...........Mistake # 3 with her !    I waited all Easter weekend thinking one of them would be over and give me a check and actually MAYBE say THANK YOU.    NOPE !    We live 2 whole miles from  her Mom........DHs sister...........I know they went to town more than once that weekend and had to pass right by our turn.  I was being ignored !    So, I waited until Monday evening and e-mailed her...........with an itemized list of supplies and costs  - AGAIN.........a very short, curt note back.........."I'll put a check in the mail this week"........I even gave her the benefit of the doubt and asked first if she had left a check with her Mom and if not that maybe the check was lost in the mail????   I knew darn well that wasn't the case and she knows I know!   I am guessing she is so darn ticked off at me that she thinks she is punishing me.........BRAT !  Today is Friday.......no check yet.   We will see if it comes tomorrow.    I don't want to tell her Mom.........she is a widow and hasn't been feeling well.  She doesn't need the stress of knowing her daughter is a B...............!    Deep down, I think she knows anyway.   Nasty Niece's dad was the only one who could keep her in line and not let her get away with crap, but I think her Mom is afraid to make her mad.   Ever since "Dad" died, Nasty Niece has been a pain in the  behind to everyone.   

OK.........thanks for reading and even if you didn't read it.........it helps to get my feelings out.   I am sooooooo angry..........and HURT, too.  I am so glad we have this place to come to.    :wub:

I'm sorry this happened to you, Linda. I think all of us knows a brat or princess and can emphathize with what you are going through. With any luck, guilt will strike her at some point in her life ... when/if she grows up. I'm sure there's lots for her to be guilty about, and not just how she has treated you.

I feel your pain.  It is terrible when you are taken advantage of by a customer, family or not.  Last year I had a customer who was not responding to any of my e-mails regarding her quilt was done, nor did she respond to phone messages.  It took 2 1/2 months to collect the money from her, but I told her up front that she would not get her quilt until I had been paid and the check cleared at the bank.

Good luck!  Hopefully your niece will pay you soon.

This is a tricky situation with her being a niece and all.  I was dumb enough to think she would honor her part of the deal.   If her Mom knew, she would have a fit, but I will only tell her as a last resort.    She is just trying to  "show me" for cutting her off and telling her off.   She WILL pay me even if I have to make this known to the whole family that she can't be trusted to keep her word and will not honor committments !     I don't think her husband has much say in anything.    She decides what's what for all of them.   I pity her children who will not have a mind of their own or a choice to even try !   I don't want to see kids get in trouble, but it would serve her right if those kids rebelled and did everything wrong.  haha   But, you know, they are PERFECT CHILDREN !   Sure they are..........no such thing.  haha   

I will write her again Sunday (after mail comes Saturday) and lay it on the line.   Either I get my money or I go to her Mom!    I'm not sure she will want that to happen.   

It is too bad such incidents have to happen.  Life is difficult enough without family giving each other such a hard time and foster mistrust and anger.  I just walk away from such situations, be it family, friends or strangers.  Nothing leaves the house anymore without being paid for, no custom orders are started without a non refundable deposit, be it for family friends or strangers.  This eliminates situations like that.  Sorry you have to feel such anger over this.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this situation but sometimes we all are taken advantage of.  I do a lot of charity quilts and I like doing that and it makes me feel good to do something for others but there are people out there that think we should do for them for nothing and want to take advantage of us.  We have to stand up for ourselves. Hope you get your money and I am sure this won't happen again.

She lives 3+ hours away or I would just go to her house.  Actually, I don't want to ever see or talk to her again.  I had a terrible time finishing that quilt because she made me so angry with her demands and when I did finish it, I wanted it out of my sight ASAP !  I will be forced to see her at future family gatherings, but I don't have to like it and I don't have to talk to her.   I just don't want this to cause a rift between DH and his sister.   He only has 2 sisters left in his family and they try to stay close.  He has lost a brother, sister and both parents by the time he was 30 and  the 2 sisters are all that is left.   

NEWS FLASH  - UPDATE !!!!

After I picked myself up off the floor, decided I would let you all know...........I received a check from Nasty Niece today along with a $50 bonus for making the pillow shams !!!!!    There was also a Thank You note from her son for whom I made the quilt.   I am in a state of shock actually.    Maybe she got the "guilts" for trying to take advantage of me and thought about what I told her????   Who know?    Just in case this was a bit of "sucking up"  and "playing nice", I made it clear I was still done making gift quilts for anyone.    Can you tell I really don't trust her????    :D  :D  :D  :D

I just read your first post and then all of the reply's.  I was all set to put in my 2 cents until I read your last post.  Congratulations!  I hope you stick with your decision to make any more gift quilts.  Good for you for not doing anything rash that you might regret.  You showed that you were the better person.

BTW, did you cash the cheque yet? ;)

Well, I had decided I would not tell her Mom even if she never did pay me.   I couldn't do that to SIL.   She has had enough heartache the last 5 years and sure doesn't need any more.   She lost a son in an auto accident 5 years ago and then 3 years ago lost her husband to leukemia.   So being "blessed" with this daughter is one more thing she doesn't need and I won't add to it.   Deep down, I think she knows what she is like, but it is her daughter..........we know how that goes......

Anyway, it is over and THERE WILL BE NO MORE GIFT QUILTS............... :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Yay! Linda! So glad this is over and you can move on. I know I hate feeling like there is a conflict hanging over me, and I'll bet you do too. Now, run to the bank and cash that check. Then you can sit back and relax with the knowledge that it is over, it's done with, and you don't have to stress over it anymore. :P

Archived