This quilt pattern is called Mod Pop.  It is made with my favorite batik fabrics and quilted with freehand feathers.  Love the curved design and retro look. This is the first quilt I have found time to make and quilt for myself this year, need to make sure I take more time to work on my own projects. I love quilting for a business but it really does cut into my own quilting time!  ;)

As you can see spring is still a long way off here!

post-3485-0-33165300-1365459791_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-23033000-1365459803_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-85893900-1365459830_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Just love that quilt...looks like way fun to make and I love the quilting too....I will have to look that pattern up....oh....and it looks like that here in northern minnesota and I am crying!  I don't want to shovel,  I don't want to shovel,  I don't want to shovel...I am doing a survey of my pantry...see how long it will be before I have to go shopping......It will all melt soon,   won't it......Please.....Lin 

I love the cool colors in the quilt and your feathers are perfect.

Tomorrow I'll share a picture of my daffodils that started blooming yesterday. I planted them about 3 weeks ago and they all are beginning to bloom.

Your snow is beautiful but I like our warm weather.

Love it! How long does it take to piece one block?

Anne I made all the curved squares in one day and then brought all the 4" squares to a guild retreat and put the top together in one day.  I had a design wall beside me to make the job easier. I was surprised how quickly it came together.

Dell I'm sooooo jealous that you have daffodils!!!!  I can't plant any flowers until the ground has thawed, that's around June 1!  I'm so ready for some warmer temperature, we have been much colder than normal here.

Thanks you for all the wonderful comments!!  I'm working on stitching the binding on now.

Here you go.  I just picked these this morning.  When we tore down the old garage, my daffodils were amongst the dirt that got "moved".  I had no idea where they went to until I looked outside this morning and saw a pile of them in the pasture.

That quilt is just gorgeous, Kathy!  I'm so glad you took time to make something for yourself. 

post-3924-0-64669100-1365519706_thumb.jpg

Archived