music, do you or don't you

I go back and for from music to old movies on the tv, but I always have some background sound when I am sewing. It could be the ringing ( more like that noise you hear when you put you ear to a shell?) like Shirley said, but it keeps me centered.

I don't listen to my machine much, I didn't know you could hear the bobbin getting low!! Maybe I should be a better listener!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cathy, I'm not a good listener and actually have diminished hearing! But I use aluminum bobbins and they are a little noisy in my machine when they run low, probably because they are so lightweight to begin with. I can't hear the other heavier metal bobbins so much, but usually feel a bit of resistance as they get ready to run out.

Janna, I'm just like you - gotta have an audio book in to keep me from wandering off, LOL. 

I must be really distractable though, because 90% of the time I'm listening to an audio book and humming at the same time (the family just laughs at me!) 

The only bad thing is, I'm using a walkman type cd player and the cord from the earbuds inevitably snags on a drawer knob, or something at least once a day and rips the bud out of my ear - shocking me every single time, even though it happens over and over, :rolleyes: I've tried snaking the cord up through my shirt, but it just doesn't lay right and I find myself annoyed and fiddling with it, so back to hanging out it goes, and then WHAM!  I rip the bud out of an ear, LOL

Janna, I'm just like you - gotta have an audio book in to keep me from wandering off, LOL. 

I must be really distractable though, because 90% of the time I'm listening to an audio book and humming at the same time (the family just laughs at me!) 

The only bad thing is, I'm using a walkman type cd player and the cord from the earbuds inevitably snags on a drawer knob, or something at least once a day and rips the bud out of my ear - shocking me every single time, even though it happens over and over, :rolleyes: I've tried snaking the cord up through my shirt, but it just doesn't lay right and I find myself annoyed and fiddling with it, so back to hanging out it goes, and then WHAM!  I rip the bud out of an ear, LOL

LOL  This cracked me up!  I have the same problem.  I catch those dang cords all the time.  Sometimes I have even wrapped them around my neck to shorten them.

I don't have time to read, so look forward to listening to books that I download onto my iPod or iPhone and listen to while I quilt. I can listen to an entire book during an 8 hour day of quilting. It sure makes the day go faster! I know I'm a "Nana", but Lee Child is my very favorite author, Jack Reacher is my favorite character, and Dick Hill is my all time favorite "reader". Tom Cruise acting like Jake Reacher? NOT so much! :o LOL

Oh yes.  Have to have the tunes on.  Need to have the flow of the music.  I can blast it as loud as I want, because there is no one for a half mile in all directions.  The only thing that gets close to me when I'm quilting is a few wild turkeys trying to find out what's going on.  Other then that, it's me and the dog rockin out.  OHHHHHHHHHH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    zeke...................

Archived