Help! Are vertical channel locks a big deal?

It's like anything else. If you've never had it, you can't miss it. BUT once you have those electronic locks, you won't ever want to be without them! I use them on EVERY quilt. There is NO comparison to using the manual lock OR putting clamps on the rails. The bobbin cutter comes in handy once in awhile, but for me, the channel locks are worth their weight in gold!

I use my channel locks when I am quilting basting stitches, lining up needle position for Panto, holding the machine still for threading the needle, changing the needle, cleaning the bobbin area, changing hopping foot, and anytime I need the machine to not move. For me it is well worth the money.

I started using the manual channel lock on my Ult2 when I got her.  I found it to be trouble and not all that great.  I also wanted the second one, some call it horizontal, I call it vertical.  So I then fabricated a set of manually set magnetic ones.  They worked great, but still not convienient enough.  I finally designed and built myself a set of electronic magnetic channel locks.  I use them very frequently.  They were were well worth the effort I had to put into them.

I'd pop for the extra $600 (the parts alone for mine cost me nearly $250).  They're a feature I wouldn't want to be without.  Jim

Archived