Quilt Path owners

I have the demo software and manuals that Dawn kindly sent the links for and have been having fun playing with the software.

I have also been comparing Quilt Paths functions with other systems. It does seem that Quilt Path still has away to go before it will match say the IQ and even the new Prostitcher from Handi Quilter.

As of yet I have not seen anyone post any quilts that have been made using the Quilt Path.

So please please post some picture of your Quilt Path work, and give your opinions on what you like and don't like about QP.

I Also would love to hear the opinions from the other forum members that downloaded the QP demo.

IMHO I have had fun, but have found some the tools a little clunky for want of a better word. Of course you cannot get the real feel for the sew out part unless it is on a machine.

I'm hoping APQS will keep updating and adding more functions to the software.

I know Dawn said there is an update coming. Will be very interested to see what it adds.

I am itching to place my order, but trying not to be too compulsive.

Thanks Linda,

I have been playing with the demo Software and would just love to hear opinions  and see what other members have made using the Quilt Path. 

I am often guilty of making snap decisions, on purchases. Sometimes with regrets. So this time I am trying to get as much info as I can before I make a choice .

:D

I have been posting pics on facebook for a few months. I've been doing client's quilts and loving it. The only thing I don't like is that some of my longtime 'freehand' customers now want the perfect stitches of QP over my freehand designs ;)

As far as comparing it to any other system, I had no experience with computerized quilting before getting Quilt Path. I bought it specifically to do all over 'pantographs' and it has been a joy to use. It won't take long at all to make back my investment. I can see myself getting another QP very soon.

Join me on FB to see some of the work I have done using QP.

http://facebook.com/manquilter

Kathy, I just downloaded my demo software, but haven't had a chance to work on it yet.  But I do know that Matt Sparrow has been working with Quilt Path and I believe has done a number of quilts using Quilt Path.  Check out his FB or contact him directly.  Hope that helps.   :)

Thanks Linda

I do follow Matt on Facebook. Love his work. I try to watch his videos when I can. I am just surprised that new QP owners have

been very quiet.

Would love to hear your opinions once you get chance to play with the demo.

Thanks Matt

Oh I think your freehand is pretty good . As I said above I normally jump in feet first, but am being more cautious this time.

I nearly purchased the IQ last year, but sat back and thought about it. In fact I nearly decided to sell everything and it has taken till the new year to get my Mo Jo back .

My biggest trouble is I soak up the information and always want more. I think I'm the only one in our house that reads manuals LOL. I'm the same buying new cameras and computers, that was till Apple got hold of me and now I'm 100% Mac.

I was watching one of videos with QP last night. Keep them coming pretty please.

Ok Angela!!! Which do you like better? Especially for a new long arm quilter, which should we buy. When I inquired at the RoadShow, they made it seem like there was no difference, just one sold by another company or the new they are selling.

Thanks,

Sandy

Karen:  I use a stylus I got to use on my ipad.  I pick them up at Target or Office Max.  I find them in the area of the store where you can get all the ipad/ipod accessories.  My favorite has an ink pen on one end and the spongy stylus on the other end.  I often jot down notes while I am setting up a quilt... 

I want to get a pattern or two digitized and think I can do it as I know Adobe Illustrator.  It exports to DXF and I might try to get that in the Quilt Path.  Has anyone tried this?  Or some other software to digitize their designs?  I know Quilt Path has that on it, but my small screen on the tablet makes it difficult to do work on it.  I have a huge monitor on my PC and know Illustrator well.  I also have lots of redwork .exp files for my Bernina 830, but don't use them, so I'd like to get them transferred to .dxf or .qli for the Quilt Path.  Does anyone know of a quick and fairly inexpensive way to do that?

Karen

Hi Karen

I was trying to think which program's you could use, when I remembered Embird manager.

I have had the program for years on my computer .

So I went and checked on there website for which file formats it can use. There are quite a few quilt formats listed.

Out of the two you mention, it can only read DXF, but it can read and write to QLI, plus there are other that you can use.

May I ask how are you finding the Quilt Path. One of my main concerns is how much manipulation you can do when placing your design on the Quilt top for precise placing. I have the demo software, but with not being able to try it out on the frame I'm not sure what I think.

Nearly forgot here is the link for the file formats Embird can use

http://www.embird.net/sw/embird/formats.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my QP for about 3 weeks. There was a glitch in the software that came loaded on it, but the helpful people at Grace, Inc. took care of it right away. I've now completed 4 quilts that look great. There's a learning curve, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Does anyone know how we will be notified of updates to the softwear???

Archived