I had a busy week with my New Generation Millie.  While I was waiting to get it set up, I watched Pajama Quilter Rethreaded and got inspired to try some different fills on three jungle animal baby quilts.  My customers were delighted with the results.  I also used my favorite Circle Lord Swirlz boards, and Baptist Fan.  I also used some new techniques from Kimmy Bruner's Craftsy class , "Machine Quilting with Templates" to create stars on a lovely batik customer quilt.  After completing those quilts, I gave custom quilting classes to a lovely lady visiting from Canada.  It was a fun week!!  

8669614230_73e4d9b438.jpg
IMG_6693 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr

8669614024_2412b242f1.jpg
IMG_6706 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr

8669696148_324c4d631d.jpg

8668609937_8212e996c0.jpg

8668609851_54f2424805.jpg
IMG_6691 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr

8668621737_df32a7b04e.jpg
IMG_6707 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr

8669610228_5daf006fda.jpg
IMG_6672 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr

8669604578_e03136fd3f.jpg
IMG_6709 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr

8668524907_fe4f2a6ddc.jpg
IMG_6711 by beachsidequilter, on Flickr
8669856488_3cfe79f4f6.jpg

Wow! You were VERY BUSY! they all are wonderful!!!!!!! Like that fill you did. I see bamboo and the block with one start and stop you told me about!  I;m going to have to start calling you for ideas and lessons!!!!! :D  :D  :D

Awesome!!!!

All of this in one week?  Wow!  I know you are enjoying your new millie!  I am jealous!

Vicki:

I sent my 2008 Millie head back to the factory to have the new hopping foot installed while I was away at my guild's retreat; in the meantime the New Gen was announced so I ordered it.  My '08 was still at the factory and my New Gen was delivered while I was at Lisa's studio for Irena Bluhm classes!  I was falling behind on my customer quilts as I was without a machine for a month, so finally back at home and everything up and running and back to my regular work schedule.  I LOVE my job; I quilt 7 days a week and LOVE every minute!!  My new Millie is fabulous; I'm surprised at how quickly I have adapted to the new controls!!  

More on my Flickr page with details on each of these quilts.  

Nice job, Vickie! And we're super happy you also got your photo account set up...we love pictures!

Thanks, Dawn!  I'm not a computer lover so just the thought of putting my pictures on Flickr paralyzed me!  My son came over and helped and now I feel like I can contribute again!  You guys are gonna get sick of seeing my pictures!!! :lol:

There should be a green smiley face for those of us who are jealous.  I am jealous of the classes you take, the machine you drive, the eye candy you quilt, the background fill you nailed and the talent oozing from those pores!!!!

You are SO sweet, my Mississippi sister!!  I love all the Craftsy classes I am taking, and so very happy that Lisa of Wandering Stitches in Orlando has brought in fabulous teachers for us down here in the Deep South so that we don't have to travel to the large quilting shows to take classes.  Shout out to Lisa; BIG Thank You!!!  (Sylvia, come on down and join us  :)  :) )

Vickie, nice jobs busy girl, liked what you've been doing. Lord willing, I might be able to see you in July, that is if I say yes to my friend, a vacation in their Fort Myers place. She commissioned me to do a queen size Beachy Seashells appliqué quilt & handcarry it on my flight there.

Vickie, nice jobs busy girl, liked what you've been doing. Lord willing, I might be able to see you in July, that is if I say yes to my friend, a vacation in their Fort Myers place. She commissioned me to do a queen size Beachy Seashells appliqué quilt & handcarry it on my flight there.

OOOh, yes, please come, Corey!!  Let me know ahead so we can fit in some quilting-sharing time!! :)  :)

Don't wear out your new Millie!  J/K  You've been very busy and they all look nice.  I don't know where you get the energy to get all that done (classes, quilting, etc.)!  Care to lend me some of that energy?!

Ha, Cindy, looks who's talking!!  Your quilts always inspire me!!  The three jungle animal quilts were funny because they all came in on the same day; first one I thought, oh some bamboo and ferny background.  Next customer came and she had two so I already knew what I was going to do.  I love when things work out that way!!

Archived