I purchased this 14' Millennium new in 2006.  It has a hydraulic table lift, base expander for thread cutter, large base expander w/guides, microdrive, Hartley fence metal table, Hartley flywheel cover, stitch regulator, automatic needle positioner, single stitch button, laser light, power fabric advance w/foot pedal and built-in bobbin winder.  I also have all the original instructions that came with the machine.  I have not used this machine very much, and I believe I have not done more than 20 quilts on it.  I purchased 100 bobbins with the machine and they will be included, as well as the several sets of zipper leaders, and any needles I have on hand.  I will also include a pattern grid and several pantographs I purchased to use with this machine.  I love the machine, but am now helping to raise my two young granddaughters as well as running my farm, so cannot find the time to use it.  With extra people in the house, I could use the space. 

The machine is currently sitting on a custom base with castors in a room with large French doors and could be moved into a moving van, trailer or truck without dismantling of the table.  This would only require removing the machine head and minor parts for easy moving. 

I am asking $10,000 for all, but am willing to listen to all offers.  My email is monafilipponi@yahoo.com or you can call me at 208-642-4944 and leave a voicemail.  I am located in Payette, Idaho, which is about an hour away from Boise, Idaho.  I notice that most people say shipping is on the buyer, but I would be willing to deliver this machine to any buyer who is within a days drive of here.  Thank you.

Since I am not getting any replies to this ad, I am reducing the price to $10,000 for all.  I would also be able to deliver if you are close enough to make the delivery round trip in a day or less.  I really do need to regain the space the machine is in, as my granddaughters need much more play room.  Anybody interested?

Hello Cheryl,

The table has round tubing type legs that appear to be black powdercoating, which was original with the machine. I did not order the wheels with the machine itself, but do have the hydraulic lift. The wheels it is on are on a wooden custom built platform base it sits on. My brother built this so that I could move the entire machine if needed, and would also have a place to store the extras that go with the machine. It is like a shelf under the legs that goes clear across. It is not terribly fancy, but is very sturdy, as my brother does not do anything halfway. It is made from 2x4 lumber, some 2x6 lumber and topped with nice quality plywood. I left this natural, but it could be painted easily. It can also be easily removed from under the machine, if you don't want it. I moved the machine out of its original room and did not like how heavy it was to move. The base was the solution we came up with. We put heavy duty castors on the base and they are locking castors so the machine will still be very stable while quilting. The table is the largest one APQS makes. It is in very good shape. Like I posted, I have not used the machine much. It is currently covered in fabric that I am supposed to make clothes for the grandkids out of. The original plastic is still on the table, and I also purchased a grid for the table, which I have not installed, but will go with it, as well as the several pantographs I have.

I love the machine, and if my life had not changed so much since I bought it, I would be keeping it and using it all the time. But, since I bought it, I had both of my kids go through divorces, both moved in with kids, and my daughter is now here permantly with her two daughters. I also had to go back into farming because of county regulations and property taxes, so now I have almost 2000 chickens, 775 of which are currently laying eggs. Sadly, there is just no time to enjoy quilting, and as you know, the machines take up loads of space, which is no problem if you get to use them.

I am pretty sure the machine will roll out of the room it is in and onto a moving van or into a trailer, and should make moving it much easier that way. My son and I put the machine together originally, and it was not very difficult, just took time. But, if it can be moved without taking the table apart, it would sure be faster.

If you have any more questions, let me know. I will be more than happy to answer them all. Thanks for your interest.

Mona Filipponi

Marci,

My daughter and I will work on moving stuff in the room today so we can take pictures.  The room is PACKED wth stored stuff....it looks lke a Rubbermaid store.......hence the great need for more space.  I will post pictures hopefully sometime this weekend.  I will also find and post the serial number.....the one on my receipt is my old phone number, so that is no help. 

Mona

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I did not get back to post the requested items sooner.  I have just had two new inquiries into my Millennium and figure it is time to make the time to post more info.  It has been crazy around here, as I own and operate a chicken ranch, and we currently have been building a large new barn that will include 4 chicken coops and an egg handling room.  Our weather has not been any help, both with wind and heat.  The crew has been working 7 days a week, trying to get in enough work before it gets too hot or the wind blows too hard.  The barn is now waiting for two final inspections, and then it is up to my daughter and me to finish the rest....dividing walls, chain-link pasture fencing, plumbing, electrical, and doors.  If that was not enough, I was busy answering ads for my 1972 Chevy pickup I sold.  You think women buying quilting machines have questions and concerns.....try dealing with guys and trucks!  I finally sold it to a gentleman in PA, and it took several weeks to coodinate with the shipper and get it onto a transport truck. 

Anyway, enough about my problems.  My Millenium serial number is A04029.  Thank you to Beachside Quilter for the info of where to find it.  I have racked my brain to think of exactly how many quilts have been done on it, and I can only count 7, not the original guess of under 20.  I have cleaned and done the routine maintenance each time as per the care manual.  I did reduce my price to $10,000.00, but I am willing to entertain any reasonable offers.  I am going to attempt to post the pictures I took of the machine.  If anyone has any questions, please contact me at monafilipponi@yahoo.com for fastest reply, as I generally check my email daily.  Thank you.

Mona 

9289622576_3cb3aa8ef3.jpg

007 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9289621416_cb74979ea3.jpg

008 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9286846463_5003761e8a.jpg

006 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9286847867_4ba851376d.jpg

005 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9289626374_1cdd0b0b00.jpg

004 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9289627600_1cc07f457f.jpg

003 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9286851735_3f620ef5f1.jpg

002 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

9289629786_7be73d28d2.jpg

001 by monafilipponi, on Flickr

Think I have this figured out....again, THANKS to Beachside Quilter....you are the best!

Here is the link to three of the quilts I did on this machine....actually, my first 3 done on it....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98895694@N03/

Thanks for looking!

Mona

Vickie,

Thank you so much. I had gone round and round through everything and just could not figure it out. It would be helpful if there were some instructions for this site, but, then thankfully, people like you are helpful.

Mona

Hello Cathy,

Yes, this is still for sale.  If you have any questions, please email me or post on here and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I will be away from the computer for the better part of the day, but will be back in the afternoon, hopefully.  I will get back to you before evening.

Thanks for looking!

This is a GREAT deal at less than half of new price! One of the great things about this model is that the laser PLUGS into an outlet on the back of the machine. This means you can actually plug a small gooseneck lamp into the outlet, mount it to the top of the machine head and use it for great side lighting. I WISH the new models had this capability. We did this on my sister's machine, and I was immediately jealous. This machine also has the onboard bobbin winder. Mine worked great when I had it.

Someone needs to save themselves over $11,000 and buy this machine! THEN spend that savings on a computerized system. You'll have the best of both worlds for the price of a "new model" machine.

Thanks to every one for all of the help.  I believe my machine has been sold as of this morning.  It will be sad to see it go, but for now, it works out the best for me.  I do hope to be able to buy another to replace it within a year or two, and I am a bit sad to hear that some of the fine features on my current machine have been changed or discontinued.  I have also enjoyed the bobbin winder and wonder why that would have been deleted.  I did not know you could use a light instead of the laser, and that would have been very handy.  One can never have too much light when quilting. 

For now, I need the space in the house for my two young granddaughters.  Hopefully, I will soon finish the remodeling I started in 2005, and then space will no longer be an issue for us.  Also, the money will be better used right now for my expansion on my chicken ranch, and I am really looking forward to moving all 2000 of my current hens into their new home within about a month.  I will also be growing all of their feed within the new barn in hydroponic grow systems.  So, sometimes we have to give up something we love to gain something else that is important.  Hopefully, I will be back quilting on a new Millennium before too long.  All of you on here have been very helpful.  Quilters are the best kind of people....always ready to share and offer help.  Thanks again. 

Good Luck to you Mona. :)

Here's a little poem that hangs on a plaque in my guest room.

"A hundred years from now

it will not matter what my

bank account was, the

sort of house I lived in, or

the kind of car I drove,

but the world may be

different because I was

important in the life of

a child... :wub: "

Remember that when the going gets tough. Been there, done that! The grandkids hugs make up for all the so-called "sacrifices".

Darlene,

You are so right. I watch some quilters who worry about their quilts lasting for generations and being thoroughly documented. While that is nice, I have always felt that I would rather just finish mine and see them well used....and used up. Once we become mothers, our lives are forever changed. We will always be mothers, no matter how old our kids become, and then, if we are lucky, we become grandmothers...then great-grandmothers. And yes, our kids are the most important creations we can ever make. I only hope that I pass on some solid values to the next generations. If I also leave behind things....I hope some of those things are quilts. At the very least, I hope the things I leave behind are pleasant ones, and not burdens. I might add to the sentiment of the poem that it does not matter the places we get to visit for vacations....those things will exist if we see them or not......

Bless you!  You certainly sound like a farm lady.  No limits on the tasks you can take on. "then it is up to my daughter and me to finish the rest....dividing walls, chain-link pasture fencing, plumbing, electrical, and doors."  Your grand daughters will look back at the amazing things they learned while staying with Grandma, especially snuggling under her quilts at night.

Archived