Glacier Star-a first custom

Well, here goes. This is my first custom off of my machine. It's a Glacier Star I pieced quite a while ago. I am thinking more than a year ago at least. Anyway, thank you to everyone on this list that shares information so freely. Your help on threads and stabilization techniques REALLY helped me immensely. I ended up picking out an entire border when the feathers looked to me like a tarantula. I emailed my bestee who is always brutally honest and she said it looked like a Georgia O'Keefe painting and not in a good way. Hahaaah who wants THAT staring at them for eternity? .....so seven or so hours over a few days later the border was out again and I have a callous on one finger to boot. Hope you enjoy looking. :) Sharon

8688137850_5178eeb4f5.jpg

by sillyewe, on Flickr

8687020311_ab882a9799.jpg

Untitled by sillyewe, on Flickr

Sharon your colors are gorgeous!! I feel like I am in the middle of a beautiful sunset. Your first custom quilting does in no way resemble a "first"- your choices are perfect and perfectly done --- all those circles!!

Thanks for sharing, definitely one of my favs!

OH .... MY ..... GOSH .... S..T...U...N...N...I...N...G .... !!!!!!!!!!

Your quilt is amazing! I could look at this all day. And the colors are amazing, too. There isn't anything I don't like about this quilt, except I wish it were mine. And this is your first custom job? Wow, so beautiful. Really like those flying geese that circle the middle of the quilt. The outlining of them looks so cool 

I have a customer quilt that I was thinking of doing some pebbling around the redwork but wasn't sure I was up to it, but after seeing your quilt and what the pebbling did for it, I may put my big girl panties on and give it a try.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt photos!

Go for it, Bonnie!!! And may I suggest jammies as the clothing of choice? Hahahhahaa

The inspiration for the geese comes from another quilt I saw online. I need to research it and see who did it. I considered doing the same on the outer geese but in the end I thought the eye needed a place to rest there and left them only SID. Not sure if it was the right choice, but it is what it is. I am thinking crystals though.....what do you think? ;)

I'm imaging what the neighbors would think if I were in my garage with the door open, quilting in my jammies!!! HAHAHA  I don't think I want to give them that visual. LOL

Crystals on this fabulous quilt? Oh yeah, that would be BEAUTIFUL!!! I agree with your thoughts on the flying geese and not quilting them the same. I definitely wouldn't change a thing about the quilt or quilting!

It's beautiful.  If you're not satisfied with quilting, take it out right away because it's more work later.  Ask me how I know.  You picked the perfect designs to make this quilt pop.  If you've never won a ribbon in a quilt show, think about entering it in the emerging quilters entry at MQX West. 

Archived