Is there a forum just for Quilt Path?

The reason why I ask, is because I have had Quilt Path for about 2 weeks now.  I have printed out my help file/manual and watched all videos that are currently available and I still have questions.  If there was one place for for people to ask questions about Quilt Path it would be easier than searching the forum.

I have been having problems with my system "freaking out" on me on occasion and would like to know where I can go to get help.

Thanks,

Ronnie

I am interested in the forum for Quilt Path owners and now have the latest version 3.05, and love it.  

Grace Co. and Cabin Logic are wonderful, supportive and listen.

I am so glad APQS chose this company to do Quilt Path!

Karen Wheeler

I am interested in the forum for Quilt Path owners and now have the latest version 3.05, and love it.  

Grace Co. and Cabin Logic are wonderful, supportive and listen.

I am so glad APQS chose this company to do Quilt Path!

Karen Wheeler

Hi Karen,

Are able to say what the new update adds to Quilt Path. I checked the Demo of Quilt Path, but that does not seem to have been updated.

So far the new update has made it easier to stay with the program and improved efficiency and reliability. I have not found new parts of the programs just more reliable performance. So now I can import and create or edit patterns, set up quilts and save them on my desktop PC. Then move those files to the Surface tablet and quickly implement or quilt them. I am glad to have a version that imports more reliability and saves files. My PC version was beta. It did neither. I had to use the tablet and that was not the best for viewing and editing patterns or quilts. My desktop PC has a great screen and works well for that. It is hooked into the internet so I can grab new patterns and import them.

Hi Karen,

There is a possibility . I'm just not sure which system I'm going to go with yet. I was hoping the QP update would add some more functions. I'm trying to not rush into any snap decissions, only being thinking about it for the last two years ..LOL

Sure Kath. I agree and the best thing I can say is the support group and the programmers are very important, as well as how easy it is to use. Look at the design interface as well as the quilt interface. If you want to design patterns easily, Quilt Path allows that. I played quite a lot on the demo vversions so felt better going with it. Consider cost of the entire system and how much you will use it.

Well this weekend I was quilting a customers quilt when I ran out of bobbin.  I stopped QP tied off and buried the threads.  I then told QP to repair pattern and trace back.  The carriage then proceeded to move all the way to the right and then tried to keep going even though it reached the end of the table.  I had to run around the table and turn off the power button to the carriage.  When I restarted it, there was no way for me to finished quilting from where it left off.

I have told QP to stop before, and it wouldnt.  The carriage has randomly decided to move to the right when the needle is in the down position, almost putting a hole in a quilt. These are just an example of some of the weird things it does on occasion

It does random acts of wierdness on occation.

What version are you using? I would use it with care and not use needle down. I used the repair pattern on a block design. It traced backward to the spot I needed and even though I had over shot the place inched it foward to the exact spot and restarted it. That was 3.04.37Beta4-5-13.exe version that came on my machine. Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled a better version. It came on USB update from the Grace Company when I emailed and called to explain my issues.

Hopefully they have your info to send you a usb with Quilt Path. If you call Grace Company for that they will get your name, email, address and phone number. When you get the usb you copy all your custom patterns from your Quilt Path folders for safety. Then uninstall and delete all QP from your computer. There is a file that spells out the instructions on the usb. I suggest that you install the original usb on the tablet because it seems to only be one install for that usb. The first time you use it QP wants to register the software. I had no wireless set up so I added a usb hub to my tablet and plugged the QP usb in one and my phone in another and the umbilical cord usb into another. I told my cell to tether so the tablet could use the internet to register. I got the registration number fast as email. Gave that to QP and it was happy.

Quote..... That was 3.04.37Beta4-5-13.exe version that came on my machine........Quote

Hi Karen

If I understand from what you wrote above your Quilt Path came with Beta software.

I find that very strange that APQS are selling this without a full Alpha software.

Did you know it was still in Beta when you made the purchase?

Hi Kath,

When I bought my Millie, I did not really mind getting the Beta version and it worked pretty well.  I quilted a nice feathered wreath design on my Black Cherries Quilt with it and love it.  I was only down a few days while the version I have came in the UPS.   I could still use my machine free-motion, which I did to quilt an art quilt of mine.  I was very glad to get this new Millie, as it has Bliss and is very smooth to quilt with.  I am very interested in learning more about Quilt Path and am quilting a Community Quilt now for one of my guilds with a nice bubble pattern. I put my pictures of these quilts mostly on Facebook (Karen Lynn Wheeler).  It is easier to post pictures there.  Karen

Hi Karen

I am pleased that you are enjoying your New Millie and Quilt Path. I think I am probably being over cautious which way I decide to go. For me this will be my last big buy, and I want to be absolutely sure I will be happy with my choice.

Thank you for sharing, it is good to get other people's views.

Hi Karen, I havejust seen you have accepted my freinds request thank you.

I can spend hours looking at digital patterns and have had to stop myself buying. A bit daft until I actually get a computerized system

I do like the designs though, on One Song needle arts.

Time to put this ipad down, my dog are telling me its time for their walk.

I am really interested in Quilt Path. I thought I was sold on IQ but haven't made my mind up yet. Does QP have free upgrades for life like IQ?. What is it's warranty and how do you like it for those who already bought it? How does it compare to IQ?

Archived