Batting for tshirt quilts

I am nearing the end of a roll of Warm & Natural batting and am researching what kind to buy next. I like the W&N just fine and I can get it at Joann's with a coupon, but I thought I would see what else might be out there, especially since I use the batting for tshirt quilts mostly. I wondered if a poly batting or a cotton/poly blend might make more sense and be more affordable for these types of quilts. What do you use? Thanks, Denise

I made one with W&N and a year or two later I made one and used POLYESTER.  The W&N one looks much better than the other one. It's almost like the polyester has started to clump in some places.  It is a brand in a light blue bag from a national fabric chain store, I won't say the name.

The Warm Company has several weights of poly batting, which are also available at Joanns. They are lighter than the cotton and many T-shirt quilt makers prefer poly batting because of the wear and tear those quilts sometimes get at college. Poly won't shrink and dries extra quick in the dryer since it's almost completely dry after the spin in the washer. If you want cotton, I don't know if you can find a better deal than Joanns with a coupon for a roll. I'm sure you'll get lots more suggestions. :)

Archived