Quick Chalk Tip

if you use chalk to mark, you know what a mess it can be when it comes to refilling your Pounce Pad or chaco-liner.

i found a solution!! i bought a cheap dye bottle from my local beauty supply store (less than a buck). i funneled my chalk in it and 'squirt' it into whatever i need to refill. it's a breeze to get that chalk into the top of that itty bitty chaco-liner. NO mess and it doesn't get all over (except when you try to do it one handed and take pictures at the same time :) )

if you have multiple colors of chalk, buy a bottle for each color.

i prefer to use white Miracle Chalk. it removes easily with a swipe or two with the old red velvet type lint removers, plus it removes with water or steam from an iron!! i have a thin tipped air soluble purple pen for everything else.

post-2130-0-09509300-1368299306_thumb.jpg

I've been using the chalk from Sue Pelland and her's already comes in a squirt bottle.  It stays in place better than miracle chalk and I can pre-mark and then load on most fabrics.  Some frabrics just don't grab chalk as well.  Has anybody else discovered that?  I also use an ironing board under my sandwich to give me a good sold surface when I'm using a stencil.  That was an idea that somebody gave me here on the forum last year or so.  Works perfectly!

Heidi, Thanks for the info.  I think I will buy some at the NQA show in Columbus Ohio in june.

Teresa, Just lightly spray the area you want to chalk.  I usually brush my hand across the sprayed fabric before I chalk.  This holds the chalk with no problem.  I have a great spray bottle with a really fine spray.

Archived