if you use chalk to mark, you know what a mess it can be when it comes to refilling your Pounce Pad or chaco-liner.

i found a solution!! i bought a cheap dye bottle from my local beauty supply store (less than a buck). i funneled my chalk in it and 'squirt' it into whatever i need to refill. it's a breeze to get that chalk into the top of that itty bitty chaco-liner. NO mess and it doesn't get all over (except when you try to do it one handed and take pictures at the same time :) )

if you have multiple colors of chalk, buy a bottle for each color.

i prefer to use white Miracle Chalk. it removes easily with a swipe or two with the old red velvet type lint removers, plus it removes with water or steam from an iron!! i have a thin tipped air soluble purple pen for everything else.

post-2130-0-09509300-1368299306_thumb.jpg

shannon

i do not machine quilt. i hand quilt with an electric needle.

Visit my BLOG

Thanks for the tip Shannon.  By the way - I LOVE the quilt in the background - gorgeous fabrics. Is it on your blog yet?

Anne

Anne Harmon 802 876 7535 Harmony Quilts & Designs harmonyquiltsvt@gmail.com 2005 APQS Millennium Authorized APQS Dealer

I make the funnel out of a piece of paper, that way you can get the hole the right size for the container and thenthrow it away.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

I've been using the chalk from Sue Pelland and her's already comes in a squirt bottle.  It stays in place better than miracle chalk and I can pre-mark and then load on most fabrics.  Some frabrics just don't grab chalk as well.  Has anybody else discovered that?  I also use an ironing board under my sandwich to give me a good sold surface when I'm using a stencil.  That was an idea that somebody gave me here on the forum last year or so.  Works perfectly!

Love your find,, thanks bunches

On the PouncePads, I was told to be sure and give it a couple of taps to fill the pad, and then keep it stored with the pad side down.  It does make a difference.

Heidi, Thanks for the info.  I think I will buy some at the NQA show in Columbus Ohio in june.

Teresa, Just lightly spray the area you want to chalk.  I usually brush my hand across the sprayed fabric before I chalk.  This holds the chalk with no problem.  I have a great spray bottle with a really fine spray.

FFE992D1FB7A16BDBE9FDE1627DBA781.png ? Chris Landis

2001 APQS Millennium

Quiltizoid

www.facebook.com/pages/Feathercreek Quilting by Chris Landis