Tina and her quilt

Thank you to all who answered our plea for fabric!! There will be many more quilts being made and donated to others battling cancer from your generosity. 

Tina is very special to my daughter, Taylor. She is a teacher and a mother to Taylor's friends and track teammates. She is also an encouragement to Taylor. Her attitude is contagious. We could all benefit from my sweet friend! 

post-3521-0-95960800-1368553544_thumb.jpg

and more on my blog, http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-quilted-hug-for-tina.html

thanks all. tina is a sweetheart and that pink hair is awesome! she is a beautiful woman...inside and out!  

to answer janette, no, taylor did not quilt the quilt. she asked me to do it. she pieced it and added the label.  on the watermark, i use Photoscape...and under "object" can add a photo. i can then fade the picture and put it in any spot i choose. it works pretty slick and marks the photos as mine.  

we too are hoping and praying for the best for her. she is not handling the chemo very well, makes her really sick and she is losing alot of weight. she didn't have much to lose either. 

i am hoping to find a long wig in a bold color as hers to wear for the Relay for Life walk in June. Probably something in royal blue to go both for Cancer and Type 1 Diabetes. Have to support my son too you know! 

Tina is an inspiration to me. Her Mom and Sister are both Breast Cancer survivors. She is one tough cookie!  

There is fabric enough for at least 4 more quilts! I know what we will be making this summer.  :)

What a wonderful thing you have done Kristina!  I too have a friend who is battling stage 4 breast cancer.  Their courage in the face of such difficult times is so inspirational. I pray every day for Lisa and I will add Tina.

Taylor was the one who pushed to make a quilt. We asked for help with fabrics, and here is the result. I am so happy that I started my kids quilting at a young age. Taylor saw the need in making this for Tina. In fact, this is the first quilt that she has made in nearly a year, and she did a great job. 

Yes, Chris, the courage, that those who are challenged, exhibit, is phenomenal! 

Archived