Jared Takes a Wife - Finally Finished!

I had so many things going on that it took me forever to finish this one.  Both of my daughters had spring programs this week, we got a new roof, and I re-timed my machine!  It's stitching better than ever now and the quality of my quilting is even better now that I don't have to hold my breath stitching to the left!

I did curly cue feathers in the borders though I don't think you could see them in any of the pictures I took.

8751926068_04bfcebb21.jpg

8750800571_f8b3da2f94.jpg

8750800019_feecf66591.jpg

Thank you so much guys!!!  

Vicki - ohmagosh yes!  It took a bit of time to quilt this one.  I was determined to master that ruler - by the time I got to the last row I wasn't even using the ruler anymore.  Yay...and wheew!!  I actually had fun doing the ditch work but I hope I don't have to do EVERY seam again on another quilt like this for a LONG time!

I made this quilt top after attending Bonnie Hunter's workshop last year - she comes to our guild every two years, so *fingers crossed* when she returns next year I'll be excited to show it finished to her.  We did a show and tell of quilts we've made from her patterns so I'm looking forward to that again.  I have another of hers, a Pineapple Blossom, that I'd like to be able to show her finished too.  I'm a bit of a quilter groupie anyhow, I have my favorites for sure, but I really have an extra soft spot for her because when I began quilting eight years ago, hers was the first website I went to.  I learned how to bind from her, I learned about my scant 1/4" from her...all of that!  The first images I'd ever seen of long arm quilting were her quilted quilts!  At that time she was taking in customer quilts for long arming, this was when she did the online mysteries but before the books and all the fancy traveling!  :)  

So - it's extra special!  

Oh ma gawsh I wish I could have more likes!!!  :)  All out of likes but I LOVE all of your comments - thank you guys!!

Marci I could just HEAR you through your words - thank you!!!   My Grandfather used to say everything was BEEEYOUTEEEEEFULLL  LOL*  Mush!  I miss him!

Thanks everyone, I've got more quilts to show soon too.  I'm working on a hand applique quilt - eep I have no idea what inspired that from me!!!  I usually avoid applique like the plague but I'm having fun with it.

Thank you all!  I really look forward to showing it to her too!  She has such a great spirit about her - I think it's easy to lose that when you become a big name, so I just really appreciate her down to earth nature.  Can't wait to show her!  If I get my rear in gear I might even have TWO completed quilts of hers to show!  Lol*  Many customer quilts coming in the next three weeks so I'll have my hands full.  :)

Archived