Is anybody up for a swap?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so far behind in posts I feel like a stranger coming into a new town.  Mini strokes tend to put a halt to plans. 

Two flip flops on one square is perfect for me.

Teresa, I am diligently working on my blocks and they will be mailed by the end of the month, hopefully by the end of the week.

Anxious get everyone's pretty blocks.  Now that I have seen what has arrived wish I would have made mine out of different fabric, hopefully they will still be okay in this quilt.  The blocks so far are amazing.

Thanks again Teresa for putting this together.

I finished mine yesterday morning except for signing all of them.  Since I've never done that I can't decide how big or where.  I'm making it harder than it needs to be.  This morning I will sit down and just sign them and get them in them in the mail.  I can't wait to see them all. 

Wow. I'm surprised mine got there so quickly. I only posted it on Thursday!

Glad you like them, Teresa. I was a bit worried about the signatures, as I had never done that before, and those pens are not very forgiving if you make a boo-boo in the middle of your name!

Have a good week, everyone,

Janice

I ironed freezer paper to the backside before I signed mine as I saw the tip somewhere. Not sure how much it helped. All my siggies are a little light even though I used a new micron--went to four stores to find one!! My siggies don't look so great. I have trouble writing due to my ring finger triggering and locking. But good news is that my surgery is scheduled for Thursday so I hope my writing improves afterwards!!!

Teresa, mailed my blocks to you today in a Priority Mail envelope and I put a Priority Mail envelope in it with postage on it. The postman was saying something about you can't just drop it in the box...you have to carry it in and hand it to them at the Post Office because it weighs more than 13oz. I wish I had felt like listening to him, but I didn't so I just told him that was stupid, but if that's how it's done then I'd tell you. I assume you will be taking the blocks you will be mailing out to us into the Post Office anyways. It was almost $11 in postage and I asked why so much and he looked me square in the eyes and said because it was going to TN. I realized at that moment that I hadn't gotten enough sleep last night and one of us was on the edge of rolling her eyes so I just said, "Hmmmm...who would have thought that?" and let the conversation die a painful death. I'm going to go take my nap now...lol.

I had my trigger finger fixed - LOVED my hand surgeon, not super personable but you can hardly see the scar, he earlier had released another "trigger" by making a tiny cut and removing the cyst without even seeing it (he "feels" for the catch)!  But this last one was stuck while I drove all the way in and he had to deaden it more and made a little 3/8" slit in my palm at the bottom of the finger and fixed that too!!!!  Other than initial pain, it healed very well - good luck to you!

Teresa,

My blocks are appliqued and there's a bunch of ice cream cones on my dining room table (sort of appropriate). I'm going to square and sign them. You indicated in one post that they must be a minimum of 12 1/2 inches square. Do you think that it would be a problem if I made them larger (thinking of edge fraying in the transport, etc.) and let the recipient do the final squaring? Let me know what you think. I'll check in later. First, the signing.

Cathy, thank you for the positive story about your trigger finger surgery. I'm hopeful I will be appreciative of my surgeon when it's over  :) though I'm not looking forward to trying to type with the pain or stiffness (I'm a medical transcriptionist by day). Was your recovery time very long?  I'm cutting strips today for a quilt to work on for the first couple of days after surgery. I hate to be bored and I know DH isn't going to do the chores/dishes as often as I'd like so it's probably better I hide in the sewing room if I can so I don't nag too awful much.  :D

Mailed my blocks today....whew :blink:  was a marathon run getting the old embroidery machine to finish up all of those.  Of course I would choose a design that had LOTS of color changes :wacko:  but, they are done and on their way!!!!

But good news is that my surgery is scheduled for Thursday so I hope my writing improves afterwards!!![/quote

(not wanting to hijack the topic here, but when I get a chance I like to check in on this topic and see what everyone is coming up with.) Bonnie, wishing you the best for your hand surgery today and for a quick recovery.

I wasn't going to do surf boards on the beach at first.  I had something else entirely picked out then my husband saw this one pattern and insisted it was "way better" than the one I had picked out so that's how that happened.  I didn't realize Nevaeh was doing surf boards until the last pics came through because I didn't go back to the first page to look at the list again.  I'm sorry.  Our blocks are different and both cute and I was already too far into what I was doing to change it.  They will look good together on the quilt.  Tell her we must be kindred spirits who think alike. 

Archived