Is anybody up for a swap?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/8 off is no big deal, in fact, I have gotten used to it in my own piecing so it won't even be noticed!  :P

As for stressing about the deadline, I'm in no hurry and would rather wait a bit longer for every one's blocks than not get them!

Claire, I feel your pain, too. Life teaches me every day not to be judgmental of what others do (or say) as surely the second I am, it gets me back in some way, shape or form! Sometimes I think God is watching me, just waiting for me to mess up, so he can show me that I really am not doing something as perfect as I think I am. And, unfortunately, I prove him right far too often -- especially in piecing quilts!!!

So glad they arrived o.k. - I tried to put the return postage on the envelope (someone else mentioned tracking) but my postal worker would only sell me stamps ($10 worth?!) if I owe more Teresa please let me know, it was $9.50 to send to you with the return envelope inside; so I hope its the same!!!  Thanks for doing this, this is getting exciting!  I'm working on sashing right now!!!

p.s. Bonnie how was your surgery and recovery?

Sorry.  Please accept my sincere apology.  My blocks are sitting here waiting for me to have a chance to run to town for a pen to sign my name and get them in the mail.  Had a caregiver quit last week to help her Dad and one that wants less hours, so I've been working 16 hour days caring for my father and interviewing caregivers.  Two more interviews this afternoon.  Praying one will work and we'll have a team again.  Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

Heidi,

Please don't worry about the blocks. It sounds as if you have enough stress, as it is, without worrying about this as well.

It is far more important that your Dad be as comfortable as possible and that you are in a good frame of mind when you are with him.

The blocks will all get done. I am anxious to see them but not in any great hurry. I have 5 or 6 other projects on the go, as it is!

Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Janice

I may end up being the last man standing or I guess last woman stitching. My remake is going more slowly than anticipated and I can only tolerate about three hours hunched over the machine and cutting table a day. I didn't have any more of one of my original fabrics and so replaced it with a blue batik. This area has tiny pieces and the batik is bulkier and giving me fits trying to get everything matched up perfectly. So I am still a couple of days out. If I send everyone a fat quarter from my stash will I be forgiven?

Heidi, I agree, just take care of your dad and yourself, we will just love the blocks whenever they arrive from everyone. 

Claire, I am so sorry you are having such difficulty and you do not have to send a fat quarter to be forgiven.  Remember the grace everyone gave me and the advice that this was supposed to be fun and not stressful.

Claire,

I'm certain that I speak for all the members of the swap when I tell you that NO FQs are required or wanted. You take care of you and we'll put the blocks together when we get them. I know that each of us has "at least" one other project on which we can work. I have so many, I have to keep a list. Remember, LIFE HAPPENS!!

Heidi, I am so sorry about the caregivers. It is stressful when those things happen and you have to carry the slack.

You and Claire should both relax and get the blocks out when you are able. Everyone realizes that it could just as easily have been "my problem" that got into the way.

I think I may wait until winter to put mine together anyway....a beachy theme will be fun to work on by the fire!

No FQ's needed Claire! The best thing about this forum is the support we all give each other when needed......with no expectation or need for anything in return. I have been given so much of that here.

Heck, I haven't put together my blocks from one of my other swaps and that was well over a year ago.  And even though I'm going to use these blocks to make a gift for my granddaughter there's no hurry because it will be a graduation gift and she doesn't graduate until next year so I would say anybody who hasn't mailed theirs yet should not stress too much over it.  If you start stressing too much it stops being enjoyable and we all know the faster you go the more mistakes will happen. 

I just started a quilt using the 2½" strips from our swap earlier this year...at least I think it was this year.  I took a class with a friend on how to make "Prickly Pears".  I wasn't crazy about the pattern, but it's growing on me and I love the variation I had with all my strips and because I joined two groups so I have a huge assortment. 

I think we all wanted to make really cute blocks and it wasn't until we had made a couple that we realized OMG we have to do 22 of these.  Then of course life just kept happening to us.  I know I didn't plan two back to back trips to Oregon and 2 months of the worse asthma I've had to date, but it all worked out just fine.  These things always do.  Just remember we are all here cheering you on and smiling at you.   

Since we have 22 swappers, I've been searching for two fun-to-piece blocks to add to my quilt. I found this cute little pattern free at Craftsy and made this block this weekend. Here's a link to the block if you are interested. http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/other/little-bird-house/55280 I need to find one more block to add to have an even number. Does anyone have ideas? I did find a cute hot air balloon and a kite I'm thinking are possibilities.

100_4360.JPG

Hi Bonnie,

I found this applique pattern online. I am still trying to make a 'tropical' theme baby quilt for friends in the USVI (not getting far!).

I can't remember all of the different blocks being made; this might have already been done.

Janice

post-11834-0-55535600-1376425861_thumb.jpg

Theresa, my blocks are still not finished and I was just thinking today about how tired you must be of the piles in your house. If you would like to mail them out I would be glad to send mine to individual as they are finished. If you do that everyone would need to message me their name and address. Some are finished so if anyone is ready to get started let me know and I'll mail yours out before they are all finished.

Hi Teresa,

How many finished blocks have you received? Unless you have been notified by people that they are not going to be able to finish their blocks, I think it would be a nightmare for you to send out finished ones now and then send more finished ones as those ones arrive. There would also be more expense.

Why don't you wait until the end of August and see where you are then?

Just my thoughts.

Janice

Colette, That kite is ADORABLE!

How many have been sent Teresa?

Claire could send directly to us - should be able to fold and put in a single envelope?

(that would be fine with me)

Bonnie - that extra is cute!

What about some kind of pinwheel?  Not sure if anyone was doing that:

Pinwheels-270x300.jpg

Archived