Is anybody up for a swap?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ladies. 

Janice, I did pull out Nevaeh's umbrella and put it in her stack.

Laura, thanks for the note. I will make sure I don't send you one of your own back.

I've got it mostly sorted out, just need to double check the packages. We are still waiting for Claire's popsicles. Hopefully they will be here Monday or Tuesday.

As quick as they get here I willl stuff them into the packages and get them all in the mail. 

Teresa, you are just too kind to even think about ironing, for heavens sakes, those blocks will just get more wrinkles as they travel through the the postal service.  You have already gone above and beyond for this swap.  As everyone told me, this is supposed to be fun not stressful so just take a deep breath and be kind to yourself.

Teresa,

I agree with the comments made by others. Do NOT press the blocks; we can do that. You have taken on far too much already. Make certain you and Nevaeh have 22 blocks. I think the rest of us can wing it. I certainly will make do with fewer than 22 blocks.

Thanks for all you have done in this swap.

Teresa and all swappers; I left the stabilizing paper on my beach ball blocks to minimize wrinkling in the shipping process.  I made my blocks a bit larger so they could be squared up and trimmed as needed.  May help out with some of the others that are scant 12-1/2".  Teresa, please be sure you and Navaeh get your choice of blocks and I am fine with whatever number finds their way down to me in Sunny Southwest Florida.  I am SO excited to have my very own beachy themed quilt (kind of goes with the name, ya know!!) :D

Ok girls here is my update. I am still not there. The last couple of weeks have had my usual minor aches and pains flare into a major event. Last two weeks or so have had me drugged out on muscle relaxants and pain killers and haven't been able to piece or quilt at all - barely been able to get out if bed some days. Very frustrating. My doc finally decided to do a rheumatology workup when we realized that my joints were so swollen that I couldn't get rings I usually wear over my knuckles and i was wearing sandals because shoes wouldn't fit. Just ache all over! Have not been able to piece or quilt at all and have this project and a baby quilt that needed to be quilted a week ago gathering dust! Plan is to start some steroids and see if that actually helps sysptoms rather than just trying to mask symptoms with the muscle relaxants and painkillers which don't give much relief but make me feel like a zombie. So I propose that Theresa send out the packets to everyone without me. I have about 16 or 17 blocks ready to go. If everyone will send me their name and address and how high a priority it is for them I will send out the blocks i have ready to those who are anxious to get started.I will send out to the folks who want to get started quickly this week and for those of you who can wait I hope to be well enough to get them out within a couple weeks. Email me at oireachtas@att.net with your info and priority status. I can have my husband mail out the ones ready to go this week- can't safely drive myself because of the stupid meds. Sure wish I had decided to live with the first batch with the wrong side fabric! Thanks for your patience ladies. Everyone did such a great job. When we started I wondered how this would end up with such an open ended standard for the blocks. What a fun, interesting and unique result we have ended up with. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I work through this crisis. I don't tolerate inactivity well. My mother in law is having surgery this week and I am always the person who goes and takes care of her when she has a health crisis. It's killing me to have to tell the family that I can't do it this time. I hope one of her daughters will step up.

Claire,

Take care of you. I will mail the others out without your popsicles, and you can get to them when you can get to them.

Send me your email address and I will email you the list of addresses for everybody.

Do exactly what the doctors say and feel better soon. 

(((((Claire)))))))

Claire, I can understand a little of the stress you must be feeling. Please don't worry about me, either. I probably will not get this swap quilt together any time this year, not that I don't want to but I always have other irons in the pot fire and have the last quilt civil war swap to put together still and the thirties swap still isn't quilted. When I had my trigger finger surgery last month, I heard how easy it was to recover and that I'd be back at it in a couple of days. Well phooey on me cuz that is NOT the way it has gone. My hand is still swollen and my finger too. They ask me if I have diabetes as those with diabetes aren't so quick on the recovery. I guess I'm going to go get that checked out. Oh, and nearly every quilt I have sitting here that needs to be quilted is custom and I'm just getting to the point where I can control my machine better, and it has been really stressful knowing that it is keeping me from doing what I need to do and I hate to be behind on anything, so I can relate a little bit to your feeling overwhelmed with the swap, though I don't have nearly the aches and pains you do! I, too, am happy with the backwards fabric or too small. Your health is far more important so please know when you get it done, that is fine, and if you don't do not worry about that either. Prayers coming your way for your docs to find the answer and solution to your swollen joints so you can feel better. I'll zip you a note privately with my address later. I'm off to soak in the tub and relax. My little grandson went home today and I'm exhausted.

Bonnie, I wondered how you were doing - your surgery must have been more extensive than mine!  I have the 5/8" scar on my hand and had initial pain after surgery, but otherwise it went much smoother than yours - I'm sorry you are still recovering-I hope it feels better very soon!  I have 1 grandson who is 3 1/2 now (what a character) he wears me out when he's over!

Claire, I sent you a message, best wishes!

Teresa - looking forward to getting our blocks!  Thanks!

Claire,

We don't know each other (other than on this forum), but I had both of my knees replaced on June 14 of 2012. I figured I'd be back to quilting in no time. Well, . . . I was in PT three times after leaving the hospital and didn't get to my longarm until June of this year. Now, my right knee is acting up. We all heal at different rates, even in the same body (my left knee is doing very well). You need to take care of you. Without your body in condition, the quilting does not mean a thing. We can all wait. I have so much on my sewing table that it will take me a full-time year of work to get it done. Don't fret. Just get better.

Claire,

I agree with what everyone else has said. Don't worry about the blocks. It could have been any one of us who got delayed - life does have a habit of 'getting in the way' and there's not a darn thing we can do about it.

Take care of you, and try not to fuss about things that don't matter.

I, for one, have lots and lots of other (unfinished) quilting projects to keep me busy for the foreseeable future.

I hope you feel better again soon,

Janice

Theresa, Corey, and Cathy your blocks went out today. Felt so good to get a few of them in the mail! I'm still waiting to hear from everyone else with an address and priority. Again if you are in a hurry let me know and I'll get one right out to you. Otherwise I'll just work through the list as people send me their info. My email again is

oireachtas@att.net

Thanks for all of the support.

Bonnie- I had been wondering how you were doing after your finger surgery. I'm sorry the recovery has been slower than you had hoped.

Annette- when I shattered my shoulder and had replacement surgery I was very frustrated with how long it took me to recover. After six months my therapist finally told me that it was not unusual for the recovery period to be a year. I was at least lucky that we incorporated "long arming " into my range of motion therapy and I was back at my machine for short periods after about 6 weeks.

Claire,

I'm in no hurry; will send you an email with my address.  Take care of yourself and your family obligations first! Bless your heart for having to work on a "fun" project under such conditions.  Hang in there, and try to enjoy the process!!  I'm sure we will all be delighted with your special blocks and can't wait to incorporate them in to a fun, happy, quilt!!  ((hugs)) Vickie

Archived