Is anybody up for a swap?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teresa, you aren't making a separate 12 1/2" x 6 1/2" block for each shoe are you? Your putting two shoes on one 12 1/2" block and asked if we wanted them to match on the block right? Matching works for me.

Good morning everyone. We gave in last night and got a room. We're back on the road. Suppose to be 110 degrees today at home, but a nice 77 degrees in Portland...yay!

I was planning to do one 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 block, but I can do two separate smaller blocks for those who prefer. If everybody would just let me know I will make them to order.  They are going to be fun to do.   Right now my sewing room is torn apart all over the house.  Since the folks came and got the Ultimate II last night my husband decided we should go ahead and rip out the old, nasty carpet and lay floor. So, I have a disaster. 

Oh bonnie, I know I should want to be surprised but I would love to see! And seeing people's blocks will help me decide about mine. I'm working on the watermelon pop side this weekend, and watching to see if what I planned for my other pop is "bright" enough. I think the top may be a little subdued after seeing Theresa's and some of the other fabrics. This swap made me realize that I have bins and bins of fabric and nothing wildly bright.

Claire, I think your colors are bright enough and having some lighter colors in a quilt really adds dimension and a place for the eye to rest. It makes it much more interesting. 

If anyone wants to see my block, I posted it on my blog. Take a peek if you want or don't and be surprised if you want!  :)

Thank you again ladies! I like her too. Claire when you mentioned something about everyone wanting a SBS I thought I'd better make a nicer block than I did for my last swap where my block was ugly! Really ugly. This one kind of evolved when I had to figure where to incorporate that turquoise. I have about 8 renditions!

........... I thought I'd better make a nicer block than I did for my last swap where my block was ugly! Really ugly.......

Whatcha talkin 'bout? Your block is perfect - and the colors exactly what the Civil War period was - I don't think you can make any thing ugly! :) :)

You ALL are ramping up to have one adorable summer themed quilt! It's fun to watch what you all are coming up with.

Archived