Is anybody up for a swap?

Teresa,

I had absolutely no intention of making this process more complicated for you than it probably already is. I do apologize.

By all means, put me in the 'signed blocks' category. Hopefully, it will help if most (or maybe all ?) of us are consistent.

Thanks again for all the work you are doing on this. I have most of my blocks done and hope to be able to,send them off to you (signed) by the first week of July.

Do you want first name, last name, city, state/province, and country?

Janice

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signed for me but if some are already sent to you Teresa unsigned that is fine.  I am just getting ready to start mine.  Had a back log of quilts for customers,  and had another mini stroke last week, so my weekend plans were kind of messed up.  I am really getting excited to get my blocks started and to see what we all make. This is going to be a fun quilt.  Thanks again Teresa for putting this together.

Hi Teresa,

I am sorry that the swap has become complicated for you. I agree that it would be simpler if all were signed or not signed. You can change me to signed blocks, as that seems to be the majority preference. I believe that you said "signed" at the beginning anyway.

Thank you, Teresa, for all your work on this! :)

I'm sure no one wanted to make this swap any more work than necessary.  It was just a preference of mine because I intended to give the quilt as a gift.  I never thought of anyone putting the information onto the block permanently except for when the blocks were going together for a specific person everyone knew.  I'm new at this swap thing.  I've said all along that it doesn't really matter one way or the other...just let us know.

Okay, updating again.

Oma wants a set unsigned. No problem.

Everybody else wants signed, right?

Please put your first and last name, city and state, or city and province(if outside of U.S).

Go ahead and start mailing them as you get them finished.  

Teresa Taylor

PO Box 625

Finley, TN  38030

• 2 weeks later...

Linda,  YAY!! It's really cool because Nevaeh is here this week. It would be really neat if some of the squishies arrived in the mail while she is here. She's been asking about them. She got her bag of surfboard blocks out and petted them on Sunday.  : )

She's ready to plan the next block swap and she's planning her quilt layout already.  :rolleyes:

Cathy...like you I feel overwhelmed, but I'm plugging along.  I had no idea I would have such breathing problems...two all night stays in the ER and so much medication and breathing treatments.  I'm doing much better now so maybe things will go faster.  I'm embroidering mine and they take an hour apiece and that's just the embroidering part.  I'm getting excited about them all.  Yours is so dang cute.

Teresa, I don't know...I don't think so.  I spend most of my time inside an air conditioned house and I don't open any windows.  It's nice and cool in here.  I think I'm just on the down side of all the cancer treatments and the ugly cancer drug I couldn't take so when all the "sinus/respiratory gunk" started going around I was just ripe for catching everything and just couldn't bounce back like I always have.  Then I did too much traveling and was breathing that ugly summer air up and down the west coast and my body rebelled and said "Oh hell no".  I've never had trouble with my asthma in the summer and never this bad.  It's always in the fall when everyone wants to burn their fireplaces and wood-burning stoves.  This was new to me.  I worried a few years ago when it seemed like the whole west coast was going to burn up with all the forest fires they were having, but I traveled to Washington then too and didn't have any problems. 

I'm on the mend now and I know I'll be good as new soon.  I haven't quilted any quilts since last summer and I've only finished one quilt top and I have one almost finished.  I'm biting at the bit to get something done.  I get a lot done on my blocks when I get up to my room to work on them.  My girlfriend wants to come over tomorrow and "motivate" me.  We'll see...lol.  Thanks for asking about me.  :)   

That cancer treatment seems to linger in your system, that's for sure. They told me it would be a year before I started feeling normal. I did find myself catching more of the little viruses and colds this past winter than normal, but that was only 5-8 months after treatments.  My son's fiance lives in Washington and he said the air there is really clean and clear, but not in other places along the West coast. Ours here is pretty good most days, except around Memphis. They seem to stay in code orange or code red status.    Take care of yourself and finish your blocks when you can. If yours arrive separately from the others I think everybody will understand. ;)

I got off to a good start and then got bogged down with some health and family issues and then a week and a half trip to Maine with my sister. I did try to talk my sister into taking sewing machines and "quilt retreating" in the evening but she vetoed the idea. Had a wonderful time in Maine but will pay for it this next week with marathon sewing to try to get done.

Let's just try to have them all mailed by July 31st, okay.  Things happen. I certainly understand that. I've had my share of life's garbage so I completely get it. 

Linda's sea turtles arrived today and they are so cute.  They are so bright and colorful, not typical sea turtle colors for sure; but they are precious.

When you send your blocks, be sure to send them all and I will put one of yours back in your package. It's just easier that way than trying to remember who kept one of their's and who did not. 

Linda, I put a note in your envelope.  Thanks for the SASE for return. 

My blocks are going to be finished and mailed in time.  It just means I have to work a little more diligently.  Don't we all work better under pressure...lol...probably not, but it is the way it always seems to turn out for me.  I'm so excited to see all the blocks.  Now I'm going to visit with the hubby for a few moments then I'm headed back up stairs to finish another block. 

I may have missed my question in the 13 pages of posts, but I was wondering what are we mailing our blocks in? Is it a box that we will be receiving them back in or Teresa are you ordering boxes from USPS to ship the blocks back in? I've only done a couple of swaps and the last ones came back in an envelope that the post office didn't treat too kindly. Lucky for me the blocks were in a ziplock and weren't mangled!

My blocks are done and all ready to ship. Woohoo!!!! UPDATED blocks in the mail

A little note to you all.

It seems the stabilizer I used to do the blanket stitch was a little overkill in its weight.

The fold/folds from mailing may need to be flattened out with a little spritz of water and a hot iron.

My apologies if the block is a little stiff. This was a first for me using a blanket stitch.

:(

Hi everybody.  Blocks are beginning to arrive in the mail. That's good.  Just a few quick reminders

Your blocks should measure 12.5 x 12.5, no less. They can be a hair larger to allow for trimming. The primary background color should be white.  It would be nice if each of your blocks contained something in that ocean blue color (piece, thread, signature) to tie our blocks together.

Send me all 22 of your blocks.  What I do it put all the piles in the middle of the living room floor and just take one from each pile and fill your envelopes.  If you keep one of your own it makes it hard for me to remember who does or does not get which ones.

Make sure you include a SASE for mailing your blocks back in.  If you prefer them mailed back in a box include enough money to cover postage and the price of the priority mail box (which I think is $1.95???)

You should sign your blocks with  your name, city and state (or province).  Leave one block unsigned. This will be the set for Oma's gift quilt.

Thanks for making such wonderful, unique blocks. This will be a very cool looking quilt top.

Archived