Is anybody up for a swap?

Annette, the package I sent you contains the ocean blue colored fabric. That color needs to be included in each block. It might be a tiny square of that fabric, or another fabric containing that same color. You might use a thread that color.  We just decided to add a bit of it to every block to try to make the blocks go together.  You can make your ice cream cones look anyway you want them to. If you have a pink cone with green ice cream and a blue cherry on top, then that's okay. And each ice cream cone can be different from the others.  Be creative, give them personality.  

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annette, the package I sent you contains the ocean blue colored fabric. That color needs to be included in each block. It might be a tiny square of that fabric, or another fabric containing that same color. You might use a thread that color.  We just decided to add a bit of it to every block to try to make the blocks go together.  You can make your ice cream cones look anyway you want them to. If you have a pink cone with green ice cream and a blue cherry on top, then that's okay.  Of course you probably have better ideas than that

Teresa, thanks for the quick response. I understand now. I also read through the previous posts and could have answered by own questions. DUH! Thanks, again.

I don't want to prewash...lol. I will, but I don't want to. Got my package today. We're leaving for Portland in a few moments for a death in the family. I am so blessed to have such close friends who will come stay at our house and take care of the house, pet and plants and the AC guy who is supposed to show up this afternoon on such short notice. I'll be using my iPad mini to communicate with you.

Teresa, I was hoping to work on my blocks more today and this weekend. I have this perfect fabric that I would love to use ... it is a fun one that is perfect for one of the elements. It has different colors of aqua/turquoise/greenish-blues and I would think one of those colors would be really close to your swatch (I looked up the Maxilock Radiant Turquoise). I was hoping to make sure it would match the fabric swatch you are sending but alas, it's not here yet  :( If it doesn't come by tomorrow, I would like to proceed or time is going to run out on me as there's lots of elements to my block. Would that be okay? Here's a pic of the fabric.

post-5206-0-49885900-1370636693_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Teresa!!! I will wait until tomorrow and see if your package of goodies is here. I'm 90 minutes from Oma and she got hers today so maybe it will be, but just in case I wanted to ask. I didn't realize one block would take so long but it's worth the work.  :)

Claire, that striped fabric has been in the closet for years, at the very least five as I bought it before we moved to this house. I'm so happy that it is finally making its way into something. The selvage is marked "Tea Time by Marie Rose Designed and Produced Exclusively for Joann Stores." I remember buying it and thinking what the heck will I use it in?? because I was more of a subdued-color kinda quilter back then.

One flip flop reminds me of joke. A man boarded an airplane and sat down in his seat. The Stewardess said "Sir, I can't help but notice you're only wearing one shoe. Did you lose one?" To which he replied "no ma'am...I found one."

Sorry...we've been on the road for over 5 hours with 7 more to go. I feel old. I've been making this trip for over 40 yrs. and it was always a "day trip". Now I'm already tired and thinking we should stop and get a room instead of trying to drive straight through.

I think I'd prefer matched it's not too much trouble. They are so cute. This is going to be such a fun quilt. Do you think that I can convince my husband that I need a beach house to go with it? I know what you mean Oma. I used to think nothing of hopping in the car for a 10 hour drive to visit family and now I find myself having to stop for the night at times.

Oma thats a long trip. Just getting out of california takes a day. And its so hot! Supposed to be 112 here tomorrow!!!!

Hope you are not on a diuretic. I am and have to stop more than drive!

Teresa I like matching flipflops.

I just went with that stripe for my block. It's so cute. Can't wait for our blocks to be swapped. This quilt is going to be really fun!!!!

Archived