Newest finished projects

I finished a purse for myself recently.  It's my second one using the BowTucks pattern.  I love this pattern because the entire inside of the purse is lined with pockets so I never have to search for things on the bottom.  

I also made the Attic windows quilt for my niece who just adopted a baby boy a few weeks ago.  She and her husband are avid hunters and they decorated the babies room in Mossy Oak Breakup Camouflage designs.  So of course she wanted Camouflage in the baby quilt.  I know it doesn't look much like a baby quilt, but I had a hard time finding wildlife animals to go with the camo fabric.  I use SID along all the windows, bead board in the borders and a tiny oak leaf design in the background of the animals.

8784733370_3748b2a67e.jpg
IMG_2099 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8784734494_196041b3ab.jpg
IMG_2102 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8778161091_96a082626f.jpg
IMG_2103 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8784826288_26b42ce430.jpg
IMG_1090 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8778253837_5ea7f9a1f5.jpg
IMG_1095 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8778254645_97a2010fae.jpg
IMG_1096 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8784829170_6c02d1bbfe.jpg
IMG_1097 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8784829836_b862b6a046.jpg
IMG_1098 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

Really nice purse! I need that pattern, I can never find anything in the bottom of my purse!

I love your attic windows quilt and quilting! You are right its not your average baby quilt but it is said that they see black best at a young age , I bet he will be fascinated by the animals.

I love both of your projects - but especially the baby quilt.  Jeremiah will be able to use this long past when he is a baby.  You did a great job of taking into consideration the parents tastes.  As an adoptive mom, big congrats to your niece and her family.

Lynn

Great job Debbie on both the purse and the quilt!  I have the Mini Bow Tucks pattern that I have made several times and it always turns out great.  It too has oodles of pockets on the inside.  Your crosshatching on it really looks nice.  :)

Your Attic Windows quilt really turned out nice, even though it doesn't look "babyish".  Your new little nephew will enjoy it for many years to come and won't outgrow it anytime soon.

Pretty purse! I LOVE the baby quilt!! Your choice of fabrics really works well! For some reason(?? ;) ) there are lots of babies being born this time of year and I have been making lots & lots of baby quilts for family and friends. Your quilt gives me new ideas! Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived