Relay for Life ... how quilting can help

I am on a Relay for Life team. What I decided to do personally to help, is to donate my thread charge that the customer pays, directly to my personal donation page. Even though I am fairly new in my quilting adventure for customers, I have raised $30 so far just in thread charges

Just food for thought, but most of us have been affected by Cancer either directly or through friends/family. This is one thing that I can do to help. 

If you want to donate, and have nowhere to do that, feel free to make a donation through me at this link, http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=33323897&pg=personal&fr_id=50552

Every bit helps! Thanks  :wub:

My sister is particpating in our local Relay for Life this weekend. I like your thread donation idea. Every bit does help.

A few years ago (BLA - before longarm), I donated a lap size quilt. As an incentive, for every $25donation made to our team, the donor received one ticket on the quilt. Many donors increased their donation from $20 to $25 for the chance to win the quilt. That year our team raised over $4000.

I was asked to make a quilt where I work for our Relay for Life.  I had no clue as to what to do so I made up a pattern to do the cancer ribbon and used different colors which each one stands for a different cancer.  They just paid me for material and then raffled off the quilt.

post-6119-0-58427500-1369350611_thumb.jpg

Archived