My Professional Tote

After seeing all the lovely Professional Totes, I finally made one. The directions were pretty good except I had a hard time figuring out two steps, completely missed a step at the beginning, causing me to have to take apart a large portion of the outer bag just as I was nearing what I thought was the finish line. And I cut the 2-1/2 inch squares out of #8 instead of #7, or vice verse and has to "fix" that. So much for thinking it would be easy! LOL The next ones WILL BE easier ... and there will be more as these bags are really neat. Thanks, Oma, for sharing yours, and thanks to Kristina for sharing your wallets. I need to make one to match my bag  :)

P.S. I made mine with a 16 inch separating zipper but I think I will try the 18 inch regular zipper the next time to see the difference.

post-5206-0-27855700-1369530033_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-32997700-1369530044_thumb.jpg

You did a great job Bonnie.  You wonder if you've lost your mind while you're making the first one then can hardly wait to make another one.  I look at fabric and think "Wow...that would make a great bag".  They are wonderful.

Love the colors. I have my pattern, just haven't made it. I now have 3 weddings this summer, my daughter in August, my youngest son at the end of July and a daughter of my heart the 4th of July. The July weddings are both last minute things. My daughter has been planning hers for a year:)

I am off shopping a cake and wedding dress tomorrow. Invites ordered and will be here in a week for 4th of July, Her parents aren't around to help or even know how to put one on.

Since my long arm is dead in the water, weddings are filling the space LOL

Thanks everyone for looking at my bag!

Fastquilts, I too love the fabric. It's an older Anna Griffin print.

Heidi, the pattern is called The Professional Tote and it's by Creative Thimble. Oma has made many of them and inspired some of us to make one (or more! LOL)

Oma, you are so right, they are addictive and make me look at fabric differently. I've been going through the closet to see if I can make another today. I have some lovely Australian prints that I can't wait to cut into once they come out of the dryer. I think they will make lovely bags!

Barbara, oh I'm so happy to hear she has a smaller version coming out! I'm going to be checking her site weekly so I can get my copy. 

Lynn Marie, enjoy your weddings!! It sounds like a very busy year for you! The bags will wait.

I have a baby shower to go to on the 15th of June and I'm thinking this might make a really nice gift. I've seen one where someone added a little diaper changing pad. Now to find out what colors the mom-to-be likes.

I have made I think 22 of these bags. Love Love Them. They make wonderful gifts and they wash so well also. In fact I have 6 more cut out and ready to stitch, just haven't gotten to them, as I have been busy researching for a Longarm Machine. This forum has been wonderful for information and I appreciate all the advice.

Wow!  22 bags like these is great!  I like it and would enjoy making one.   Also dmwest, where are you located?  I am a representative of APQS in the San Francisco Bay area so if you are near, you can see my Millie with Quilt Path.

bonnie...your tote turned out wonderful. I am busy making wallets in pink and purple trying to get ready for the local relay for life in july. our team decided to sell items through the nightlong event, and these are my contribution. I am going to make a tote eventually. I am so inspired by everyone who posts theirs.

Nice tote.. nice colors.. great job.   How are you doing on a smaller pattern?

Just wondering if you got a diff pattern since the one you mentioned isn't

on the stands yet.  Guess I should say not on the site yet.

God Bless,

Rita

Love it!  Is it heavy when empty?  I have the pattern and fabric and all the things necessary to make the thing but then I just.....didn't.  I need to get started!

~~~~~~~~~

Sylvia, it's not heavy empty, but I think it has the potential to be heavy, depending on what is put in it!

Nice tote.. nice colors.. great job.   How are you doing on a smaller pattern?

Just wondering if you got a diff pattern since the one you mentioned isn't

on the stands yet.  Guess I should say not on the site yet.

God Bless,

Rita

~~~~~~~~~

Rita, I made mine the original The Professional Tote size. I've been tossing around the idea of making it a little smaller without buying the smaller version of the pattern, but I'll have to see how that works out on paper!

Ok, I cut mine out.  I ironed the interfacing to the contrast fabric.  I sewed on one pocket and one handle and it has taken all darned day!  Can anyone say labor intensive????  It is gonna be cute but OMGosh at the work!!!  Of course I may just be dumb as a stick but OMG!!!!!  I will post pictures in a month or two when I finally get it done! :huh: 

Ok, I cut mine out.  I ironed the interfacing to the contrast fabric.  I sewed on one pocket and one handle and it has taken all darned day!  Can anyone say labor intensive????  It is gonna be cute but OMGosh at the work!!!  Of course I may just be dumb as a stick but OMG!!!!!  I will post pictures in a month or two when I finally get it done! :huh: 

~~~~~~~~~

Sylvia, you are not dumb! The pattern is pretty labor intensive, and all that ironing on of the Decor Bond takes forever! Hang in there, you will get it done sooner than you think!

post-5206-0-19901000-1369868288_thumb.jpg

Archived