I have an APQS ultimate II w/12' wood table for sale

My husband has regained his health. But, i still need to sell This machine, it is in good running condition, I had a lady from the quilt shop located in Crswford, NE come over and go over it with me. It was still well oiled and it sews smoothly. A stitch regulator would be a great addition but, can be easily done with this APQS machine. It is located in Gering,Nebraska. I am looking to get 3500.00. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks Rita

post-9918-0-80981900-1369783506_thumb.jpg

post-9918-0-07765400-1369783558_thumb.jpg

post-9918-0-49059600-1369783607_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

They are workhorses Rita. I'm so sorry for what you're going through with your hubby and hope he's doing better now.

I think you may have more success if you posted an asking price, AND if you advertised it in some guild newsletters. I have a new Millennium owner that advertised her 20 year old Ultimate 1 in a guild newsletter and it was sold in a very short amount of time. This is the kind of machine that a hobbyist quilter would buy to finish their own quilts. They are GREAT little machines with a 20" throat. FAR more durable than the smaller systems that are being sold in quilt shops around the country. The Ultimate II doesn't have all the newer bells and whistles, BUT it IS an APQS machine, and that says a whole lot! Whomever buys this little gem will have full backup support from the staff at APQS and everyone on this forum. There isn't much that can go wrong with this machine. It's sort of like a Shetland Pony. It won't win any races at the track, but will just keep going and going and going. Maybe it's more like the Energizer Bunny! LOL

If you can sell it locally, you won't have to worry about packing and shipping either. My customer's buyer even came and took it apart and hauled it out of the house for her.

Darlene, thank you very much for your advise, my hubby is home healing now so, he is on the mend. What would you recemmend for a price range? I know i will never get what i paid for it back, because, i was helping a, (so called), friend in need.    

You should be able to ask $3500 to $4000 on your Ultimate II, depending on condition and maintenance. Does it have the wooden table? If so you won't get as much for it as if it had the steel table.   I had mine listed for $2500 with the 12 foot wooden table. I let it go for $1900 just so I could get my new machine set up.  Good luck selling it.

Hi Rita,

How old is the machine? Do you have the serial #? I would call APQS and ask what the right price would be. Also, look at what the local shops are selling their so-called "longarms" for. Point out the advantages of buying a true "industrial" machine. The APQS motors are built for day in, day out heavy duty work. The "home machines" are not! The APQS table frame cannot even begin to be compared to the quilt shop models. I would buy a 20 year old APQS machine any day of the week over a brand new "quilt shop" model because I KNOW it will easily last another 20 years! Another advantage is that the buyer should be able to get back everything they pay for this machine if they ever want to 'upgrade' to a newer, larger APQS model. You sure can't say that about other smaller machines! Many of them can't get 50 cents on the dollar after 6 months of frustration. 

You have a little gem there Rita, complete with an upgraded metal table. That table is adjustable, so a person could actually put a 26" machine head on it at a later date just by changing the head carriage and wheels. Flaunt it's virtues and don't belittle it's value. MANY award winning quilters still don't use a stitch regulator. Yes, I LOVE mine, but quilted for 3 years without one, and got along just fine. There is a longer learning curve, but put on some good music and you'll soon get into the rhythm! :rolleyes:

You're right Teresa! It's kind of a hybrid table. The sides are metal and the top is wood. I've never seen one like that before. I had an Ult. II many years ago, but it had a completely wooden table. I was simply looking at the side rails leaning against the wall. Never even noticed what the machine head was sitting on. STILL, a great machine!

I have an Ult2, and it is a great machine.  I have never seen one that did not have a wooden table like this one.  There is nothing wrong with the wooden tables!  in many respects they are superior to the newer metal ones.  My machine was made in 1997 so it is a relatively late one -I don't think they made them much after 2000-  Teresa, the tracks are aluminum, not steel.  The problem with the wooden tables is that they are difficult and expensive to ship.

Rita:  All this probably isn't of too much interest to you, however, it should be of interest to a prospective buyer.  I've done several modifications to my machine, and the only reason I might consider a new replacement is if I felt I needed a bigger machine.  I'm on and off about the size.  Sometimes I wish I had more stroke, but when I do detailed work with it, a longer stroke would be a hinderance.  I've reconfigured the roller assembly, built a power lift system for the table, changed the machine to an "M" bobbin system, had an Intellistitch stitch regulator fitted to the machine.  The point is that this macine can be the platform for a very good and modern longarm.  Any prospective buyer should know that with the proper modification, this machine will do anything that the new machines will do.  A buyer can start with a modest investment, and upgrade features when he or she deems necessary and can afford them.  As Darlene says, these are industrial quality machines.  They have a very long life, are easy to maintain, and APQS offers excellent product support even though the machine is no longer in production.  A "want to be" longarmer on a limited budget, can't go wrong with this machine.  Much better than any of the second line machines like the HQ, or Tin Lizzy.  All the new owner would need to do immediately, would be to replace the original wheels with a set of Edgeriders, and then start quilting.

I think you should be able to get between $2500 and $3000 of Ult2.  I can't say enough about how good these machines are.  Good luck.  Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help, I tried to figure out how to put the table up but couldnt. I have a 2600 pc quilt i had designed and put together, all but the quilting part of it. Now i just dont have the time, i have so many projects going. I Have a lady asking about this machine, by the msgs it is not stitch regulated, correct?  how about fabric advance? what would i look for so i could tell if it was or not? Thanks Rita  

The Ult 11 machines came non stitch regulated.  Some added the Intellistitch SR later. 

Looking at the pictures of your machine, you do NOT have stitch regulation.  The wood tables do not have fabric advance either.  So you need to tell your lady that you do NOT have either of those options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had replied earlier through e-mail, not sure if you received the msg. It was a friends of mine, I don't know much about it but I do know it in good working order. She made beautiful quilts with it and she took care of it, It was her baby. The serial number is 1631. From what I'm told you can find the history of it. I'm asking 3500 from what I am told it is a bargain at that. Not only from the ladies on the forum but I asked the owners of the local quilt shop to stop by. Please let me know what you think. If you are interested I could possibly meet you 1/2 way or work smthng out. Thanks rita

Could you not check with APQS about year, using the cereal number?? 

You probably could get a value from them also.. 

So sorry your hubby is having health issues..   I pray that he mends well,

and that your income problems are solved.. it's a hard world ..

Hugs, RitaR

Archived