Hello from Norway

Hei.

Just a little hello from me - a German living in south of Norway since 2004. :-)

I bought an used computerized Millenium from Merete Ellingsen and startet with quilting on it just a few month ago.

Having discussions with the machine (my favorite is 'obstruction detected' - nice, but I don't detect anything at all dear friend)  I am sure I need all help I can get :-)

Regards, Britta

Hi Britta,  welcome to our apqs  forum.. so glad to have you here with us.

please join in chat, most of us don't bite except me, as I have short teeth. :D

LOL, enjoy it here with us.

We like to see picts, and try to help with most anything, but not divorce.  lol  :rolleyes:

I like to joke.. hope you don't mind.

Rita

Welcome, from another northern cold-country quilter!(Canada) Are you enjoying your long days this time of year as we are? We have only 2-3 hours of darkness in June.

I'm presently reading a book by a Norwegian author, Jo Nesbo, and finding that your country is much like ours -- snow lasting until April, etc.

I've had a Millennium since 2000; they are fantastic machines. I hope you're enjoying yours. I talk to mine too sometimes, but he never answers! This is a wonderful forum with many knowledgeable and experienced quilters who are very helpful.

Barbara

Hello from another Alberta Canada quilter. I have a 2010 Lenni that I hand guide and it is silent too although it provides hours of enjoyment.

Best of luck learning to use your machine. The forum is a great source of information and inspiration!

Charmaine

Hi Britta,

Welcome to the forum! 

Just a suggestion on the obstruction message you are getting. Check that the rails are clean of lint and oil. Also, there is an Intelliquilter forum on yahoo where you can ask and receive additional help on the IQ for your Milie. Just go to yahoo and search for Intelliquilter. 

Debbie

Welcome Britta.

If you go to this link on the IQ website, http://www.intelliquilter.com/iQpedia/, there is an article on Obstructions. It is a guide to follow to find what the cause is. I have found alot of times when this occurs, it is a matter of the motors not being aligned properly and the sensor wheel is loosing contact with the rail, or rails, depending on which direction it is occurring.

go to the link above and scroll down to the troubleshooting articles, then to the Obstruction troubleshooting. This should help to identify the problem.

Britta,  welcome from another European.  I'm from London but living in northern Vermont, USA.  We have snow until April too - actually we just got 13 inches of powder snow on Mt Mansfield a week ago but then the temps changed and we hit 90degrees F.  Back to normal now in the 60sF.  I miss those really light late nights in the summer as it gets dark here soon after 8pm in the summer.

Sorry I can't help with the computerized Millie - mine is not.  Patty - Katydids and others here are great for such help.

I hope you and your Millie are soon singing together.

Archived