My daughter's children's book....

I have mentioned before that my daughter wrote a children's book.  I have some pictures now to share.  This is my daughter, Eyvonna Rains, and me at one of her book signings.  She wrote this book for really little kids that are just learning to enjoy reading books. I made the quilts on the table for her and it took a few tries before I could get it to match the book exactly.

8916689354_bdeb2fcc6d.jpg
hastingsbooksigning by DyanCT, on Flickr

These are the ones I tried and we decided on the top two.

8562984685_06020e8c46.jpg
March2010 005 by DyanCT, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the book cover.  She is currently selling it on Amazon. When you buy the book there is also an audio download.

8564079188_5fa7b6f4ba.jpg
SleepMyChild by DyanCT, on Flickr

This has been quite an experience for all of us.  She has written another children's book that will be out in the fall. She will be going to New York to promote that one.  We are all very happy and excited for her.

Eyvonna  is a oretty girl just like her Mama.  

One day if I get great grand children,  I'd love to get this for them.

Nice quilts, and the picts are perfect!

Congrats to your daughter and

God Bless.

Great things in the future.

Rita

That is too cute!  I taught fifth grade for 38 years.  One of my yearly projects was having the children write and illustrate a book.  I would sew them together on my machine and make a book cover out of cardboard and vinyl.  I hope your daughter does well with her books.

Congratulations to both of you.  This is very exciting.  I will look into getting the  book.  I have a new niece and a friend is having triplets.  I think this would be a great gift.  Thanks you for telling us about the book.  Janice

Congratulations on your daughter's book. I used to teacher first, second and third grade. I loved kids books and bought a lot of books for my classroom. I had a box of books that were "quilty". Your daughter's book would have fit right in.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!! I will share them with my daughter! She has two little boys that are very onery and give her great inspiration for writing! Thanks again, I appreciate all of you!!

Archived