Circle Lord

Kari

I'm seriously considering upgrading my Hartley Fence to the Circle Lord. I spent a fair amount of time at the Circle Lords web site and was pretty impressed - particularly with the medallions.

Anybody aware of any downsides to using the Circle Lord?

For those that have it, what templates would you recommend?

Kari Schell

Millennium

Brooklyn Park, MN

I seem to use the Starz, Hearts, and Ovals quite a bit. I do have all the templates except the newest one of the crosshatch. I also have the Heartly Fence that I never use. The CL sets up in seconds and is extremely easy to use. I can always add a little something to everyones quilt.

Have you checked into the need to alter the height of the carriage to use the Circle Lord with APQS? :o At the Tacoma "Innovations" seminar for Long Arm quilters, just this September, I listened to the maker of the Circle Lord, demo his product [on a Nolting] and I think he said that to use it with any APQS using horizontal wheels, it would require an alteration of the machine's height above the table. That fact eliminated my wanting to invest $ or time learning it.

Why make a full time alteration for a product that would be used less than 1/4 of my quilt time. Especially when that alteration might void my warrenty and affect other more important functions.

Another source of info on the Circle Lord?s use with APQS might be Sally Terry, a highly regarded APQS instructor and Long Arm teacher. I think she purchased one and could be more unbiased about it?s potential uses with APQS machines.

:D Our New Millie is due to arrive tomorrow late afternoon, that is if Yellow Freight makes it through yesterdays dump of snow on the Colorado front range! As soon as they deliver it, the snow can fall untill spring and I would be a happy camper :P

SaundraLee

Good tools make the process fun!

I think the "fix" to make the CL work with our machines is just a longer bolt in the wheels. I believe you tell CL what machine you have and they send everything you need.

I hate to admit it but I've had the CL for several years and have never installed it.

I also believe (goodness . . no facts today . . just guesses!) that Sherry Rogers has and uses a CL.

Guest Linda S

I'm not positive either, but I think I recall some posts from Sherry mentioning some work she did with the Circle Lord. I was wondering about that myself, as the Circle Lord page says that the CL works with the Millennium or the Ultimate. I thought for a bit - whew! I don't have to worry about blowing the money on that! It won't fit my machine! :o Then I remembered that Sherry has a Liberty and she does have a CL. Geez, now I have to decide if I want one or not and how many quilts I need to do to get one!

Linda

Hi

Linda and Judy are correct...I DO have the Circle Lord! It is a snap to install, all the hardware is provided along with detailed instructions. It may have taken me all by myself a whole 30 min max before I was turning out baptist fans. I have many other templates including the King Clam which is the cats meow but I have had little time in which to experimate much. Any questions that have arose throughout my experimentation have always been answered lickey split by the manufacturer. I am very pleased with this product!

Oh and Cynthia, you are correct. The 18" diagonal block IS to large to utilize on our Liberty as is 12" if you place it on point.

Saundra, The machine works just fine in its raised position whether you are using the CL or not. I am sure that since no change is made other then raising the cross track that you need not worry about any issues with your warrentee. If you are concerned though I would contact the personel at APQS.

Hope this helps...holler if I can help further!

Happy to hear that I didn't affect my warrenty--never even thought of that. Bought the King Clam a couple of months ago and it took maybe an hour to raise the head. The instructions were very clear and I really like the head at its new heigth as I can leave things on the back table now. Guess I am prone to clutter.

Have been seriously thinking about getting more of the Circle Lord; being new I am not great at using the templates and am tempted by the circles that could be made. Thank you, Sherry, for telling how quickly you could learn the Baptist Fan--that is really what I want the piece to do. Love the look of all those fans; looks so nice on older quilts.

I agree with all the comments regarding Circle Lord. It is easy to adjust the height needed for our machines-just a few washers, bolts and nuts. The instructions are well written, easy to follow and even include pictures for how to install. I have a number of templates and like them all. I just wish I had more time to play with theml! So if Santa is looking for some ideas for you, I say give him CL's website.

Nancy

Duluth, MN

Those Circle Lord folks are great! As I mentioned, I've had mine for 2 years and have never "installed" it. Every now and then, I think I'm going to do it and I write them and say "now what do I do again?" They're always very patient and encouraging!

I did that again today after y'all were talking about it. Michael called me and had me go look at my machine and make sure I knew exactly what to do. That's good service!!

I am going to raise the machine and play with the CL . . soon!

I bought the Circle Lord not too long after I got my Liberty...they had a promotion to pay for it on your credit card in monthy installments, with no interest. I sang happy birthday as I opened the box. It is expensive, but it is so much fun to mess around with....I did a star quilt for my GS and used circles all over...tossed in a few things from the Aztec template and I was pretty happy with it. So was he. I think of it as a spirograph for the longarm...and I loved spirographs when I was a kid.

They have wonderful customer service...if you post a question or problem with it Michael usually responds directly to you with an answer or sugestions.

Cheryl

Archived