Quilting to Rawhide

I have been quilting practically non stop since arriving home from Arizona in late April. I am NOT Complaining!! I love my customers and love that they waited for me to get home to get their quilting done. I quilt to music and must admit I listen mostly to CW, oldies, and not the 70's! I go back pretty far. When I am on a tough patch of quilting I especially like Dean Martin, he just calms me and has the tempo is perfect for me for SIDing or stitchig out very intense quilting. I do admit sometimes I think I am at Olive Garden when I have to listen to him over and over! I also will admit I love Alan Jackson's CD, A Lot About Livin'...I have to stop quilting as soon as Chattahoochee comes on and I dance to that song to get my shoulders relaxed, eyes stretched, and blood pumping!

But today while doing a panto and no music my mind started wandering.. it ended up on; of all things; the theme to the old TV show Rawhide! I could not get it out of my head! So I changed some lyrics and sang to to myself while I was quilting here is what I came up with:

Quilt’n, Quilt’n, Quilt’n

Maybe they are heirlooms

Keep those quilt tops a come’n

Don’t try to fight the tension,

Just stitch, stitch, and stitch

Let the pattern be your guide

Boy my hearts a pumping

A beauty is soon a come’n at the end of the roll

Load em on roll em up

Load em up stitch em out

Quilt em beautiful, make them shine!

Fluff em out and show them off

Quilt em out and be proud!

Quilt’n, quilt’n, quilt’n

Stitch’n, stitch’n, stitch’n

Stitch’n, stitch’n, stitch’n

Though the seams be crooked

Keep those borders tamed

Quilting!!!!

Cross hatch and feathers

Wishing for no pokies

All the designs are swirl’n in my head!

Good piecing, backing, and batting

Are making me so happy!!

Load em on roll em up

Load em up stitch em out

Quilt em beautiful, make them shine!

Fluff em out and show them off

Quilt em out and be proud!

Ok.... it's been a long month!

Gosh that is something.  I too like the pre 1970's music, much as you select.  I love Ernie Ford, Nat King Cole, The Son's of the Pioneers, the Platters, the Lawrence Welk show and the singers there,  and on and on.. LOL loved Spike Jones.. so goofy so funny and fun.  Still remember some of Beetle Bom, remember girdle in the stretch? 

You keep composing and enjoy dancing, and quilting... 

hugs,

Rita

Thanks! I am sure if anyone planted a hidden camera in my studio I would be hauled off in a straight jacket! Flowers wilt if I try to sing, but I used to be able to and enjoy dancing. Some days when it gets too hot for even my pjs I draw the curtain and quilt dance in my underwear, not a pretty picture I must admit,the body ages but the memories stick at 18 to 25.....as long as it remains fun I'll be in the studio. One danger is a ringing doorbell! Lol

That's funny!  Yesterday I was making up songs too.  "All I want for Christmas is a real flat quilt, a  real flat quilt, a real flat quilt....to the tune of All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth.  It has been a week of D-cups at my house.

Carol

Archived