bobbin cam blues

I've just been online looking for a bobbin cam.  I really only found one, and that was "A Quilter's Eye".  It looks great, but pretty expensive.  I've used one on other machines, so I know I'd like having one.  I can live without it, but climbing under with a flashlight gets kind of old, especially if I'm having trouble getting my tension adjusted.  I would like to hear anybody's thoughts on the subject.  Do you have one, or wish you had one? Do you know of another less expensive alternative?  

Thanks,

Lori

Empty Nest LAQ

I have never owned one. I usually use my hands to feel if the stitches are right. But I quilt for myself now, so the quality of the fabric is good, so is the backing and batting. I rarely have any issues so a cam is a mute point for me. Even when I was in business, I never had trouble with my Freedom.

I'm the oddball here. I love my bobbin camera! I made my own using an idea from Bill and Sherry, Innova owners in Arkansas. In fact this morning I had an odd occurence of RR tracks that I didn't catch right away because I wasnt paying attention to my bobbin camera. I only stitched about 18 inches of a dense pattern instead of the whole row before I looked at the monitor. And noticed the problem. It saved me from frogging for hours!

I can send a parts list to make your own if u r interested.

Archived