Grandmother's Flower Garden

This twin sized quilt is for a 3 year old whose "big girl" room is to be park like...sky, clouds, grassy rug.  Her grandmother wanted this quilt to have flowers, butterflies and grass to add some more to the park theme.

9037900518_b6b621ae1b.jpg
DSC04198 by Charlotte Peterson Enchanted Quilting, on Flickr

9035682655_6410a70083.jpg
DSC04197 by Charlotte Peterson Enchanted Quilting, on Flickr

Beautiful quilting, Charlotte!! That little girl is going to be so happy with her new quilt!

I'm curious, are those GFG's pieced by machine or hand?

The quilter used Eleanor Burns method, so there are only 3 pieces of fabric, fused, and turned under with a machine blanket stitch.  She said she really like this method.  Where there would traditionally be seams, she top stitched for a faux seam look.  It was her idea to put the flowers in the block...worked great as there was plenty of fullness with all of the fabric/interfacing.

Charlotte, you certainly nailed and greatly enhanced that quilt.  Beautiful work.

To me the flowers look 3-D. and my first thought was that's snow that was blown

around a lot.

I know, I know, I very often see something no one else sees.  lol

Love what you did with this quilt!  It's really suits the quilt and shows it off so well.  I looked in my Eleanor Burns book and it shows that the flowers have an option of extra batting in the flower, giving it that raised, pop look.  I'm wondering if that's what your customer did as well.  So pretty!   :wub:

Archived