chrisquilter

Off the frame today.

This is a customer.  The pattern is by Janet Miller, The City Stitcher.  I did two of these quilt., This one is the original size in the pattern. and another one was made half size.  Did I take pictures of the smaller one before it went home to it's mother?  NO! But anyway, here is this one.  This quilt is pretty traditional and the other one was done with brighter fabrics.  Loved them both!  Clicking on the picture will take you to the flicker pge for additional photos9027831036_8ed3622f26.jpg

DSCN1479 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr9027774360_8c542987d1.jpg
DSCN1488 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr

FFE992D1FB7A16BDBE9FDE1627DBA781.png ? Chris Landis

2001 APQS Millennium

Quiltizoid

www.facebook.com/pages/Feathercreek Quilting by Chris Landis

Knew what you meant, Chris.   :)   What beautiful work!  I love your feathers and how you used the straight lines as well, so effective.  I'll bet your customer was thrilled!

2EC2AA7574F475301B3018AECBD11B21.png

Proud Owner of 2009 Millie

Bliss & Quiltazoid Friendly

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.....

gorgeous. How do you ladies make those gorgeous molar feathers? I can't even figure out how to draw them, let alone quilt them.

8259635bf834a637a7febcce54170daf.png Sweet T's Custom Quilting Finley, TN  (731)-445-6411 sweet_t_quilting@yahoo.com

http://sweettsquilting.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/SweetTsQuilting

Really beautiful quilting, Chris- love the choices you made. The spines on your molar feathers are so nice, did you stitch a line first or did you make the spine as you stitched the feathers?

Cathy Hamilton - M&M'ed 2008 Millennium - Part-time Quilter, Full-time Lover of Quilts

Really beautiful quilting, Chris- love the choices you made. The spines on your molar feathers are so nice, did you stitch a line first or did you make the spine as you stitched the feathers?

Hi Cathy,

I usually draw in the spines and then stitch the spine, then the feathers.  However, that does not always happen. Sometimes and I stitch the spine as I do the feathers.  The drawn line helps me keep in line.  I really try to be consistent, but alas, not always the case LOL.

2001 APQS Millennium

Quiltizoid

Hi Cathy,

The only place I used a ruler was for the straight lines.  The rest is free hand. I have M & M wheels on my Millennium and they make a great difference in my ability to control the machine.  I think it would be nice to upgrade to bliss, but for now it is not in the budget.  When I try bliss at the shows, it feels really loose and I wonder how I would control my machine, but I am sure I could adjust!  Also,  I really try to keep the rails and wheels very clean.

2001 APQS Millennium

Quiltizoid

Lovely quilting. I know she had to love how you made her quilt look good. It's not easy to fill in all the white spaces. Love your feathers too. I could never do feathers freehand. In my case, practice did not make perfect. You have a real talent for feathers.

Debbie

Debbie

Jackson, Ga.