Sharing latest quilt

Well, you need to publish that pattern as it is one of the best cowboy baby quilt patterns I have ever seen!  Since we have a ranch and all my family live on ranches...the kids get cowboy/cowgirl baby quilts.  I really love your quilt :wub:

Thanks again everyone, it's great to share and get such nice comments!

Of course, I didn't make up the 9-patch or the idea of a baby in a hat and boots, I did make up this quilt.  I sketched out the baby (several times and different ways), I kept changing the hat (I'm sure the angle isn't right as I am not a true artist)!  I have sold other types of patterns in the past and although it was great fun - just too much work for me right now.  Besides, I gave the original to my nephew and didn't take many close up photos, but I would be happy to share the center sketching with anyone who wants to make it, or if you are so inclined, you can blow up the photo a little, draw out the baby and blow that up to whatever size you like too.  I made the baby, then decided on the 9-patches - just start with a larger background behind the appliqued baby (I use the interfacing method to turn the edges under since it's for a baby, but I have used all different kinds of applique) and then it can be trimmed to whatever size your outer blocks end up being.  Oh, for the hat brim, I wasn't sure on the angle/etc. so I sewed 2 larger oblong-type circles RST, flipped right sides out and then folded up each edge - I like the way that turned out.  And I trimmed the background from all the applique (especially that double-thick hat) except the diaper, I wanted that to puff a little. 

Thanks again!

Archived