Frustrated and ready to throw Lenni out the window!

Hi Teresa.

I dropped a flourescent lightbulb on my table and it made a teeny rough spot on the edge of the rail in a couple of spots.

It caused me to lose control every time I went over those spots.

I finally sanded the rails and it fixed the problem.

I never would have thought such a tiny dent could wreak such havoc, but it did.

Good luck.

Theresa, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a frustrating time with your new Lenni....specifically the table that Lenni is on.  When I bought mine new in 2009, it came with the standard steel table that you have.  I had a couple spots on my table that always gave me some issues too and it is very frustrating.  I was lucky that the location of these spots didn't bother so much on smaller quilts, only if I had a big queen sized quilt on the frame.  My Lenni moved quite nicely for the most part, but feathers in certain areas were always more difficult to make beautifully and to be able to back-track nicely.  I hope that the "repairs" that Dawn has suggested will work well for you so that you will be able to produce beautiful creations soon with your Lenni!  Hang in there!  Let us know how you come out.  Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no more "frogging" on the custom quilt you are trying to quilt!

Ok, now you have me needing to go out to check my table too.  I just thought that the trouble I was having with curves was operator lack of ability.  It does seem worse in some areas than others and worse when I am at the back of the machine. It would help my confidence out if was something with the table.

i have this same lenni table and sometimes it drives me nuts.... i invested in a large digital spirit level which was the best £40 i ever spent....  it is very noticible when it is out .... another thing i found when i noticed my machine was sticking in certain areas of my table was that my leveller bar was bent and added more pressure in one area giving too much resistency on my quilt....  i moved that bar to be my front bar and added the leader to that bar and it helped alot as that front bar didnt matter too much for adding resistence...  the side arms are another source of imbalance if they are not set up correctly....  make sure they are lifted up properly and dont drop forward over time.

lenni is a great machine though once the table is set up best.  much better since i have the edgerider wheels wheelsand carriage though.   when i had the original carriage i had to put washers in to space the wheels.

but it sounds like you need to sand down those areas first to check if thats the issue.

Teresa:   Dawn mentioned checking the squarness of the table (techinal term: to see if the table is "racked")   A better way to check the squarness of the table is by using a tape measure. or even a string, and measure diagonally, corner to corner.  If the measurement isn't EXACTLY the same, the table is racked, and needs to be adjusted.  A framing square really isn't precise enough. 

The tracks on the old wooden table of the Ult2 couldn't rack because of the table top structure.  Good luck.  Jim

Teresa, it could be a ding in the rails, instead of the wheels.  I don't have bliss, but do have ER wheels, and from the test drive at Paducah last year, my Lenni was smoother and easier to move than the bliss.  It could easily be the floor, or the variance inside the air locked quanset .  We have different rails with the Edge riders, and they are still verticale wheels..

Hope you find something   Maybe use the level on the rails and check for evenness all along the rails on the table, then on the back and forward set if you can.

Archived