Star Wall Hanging with bump feathers & triple stitch

I recently finished a star wall hanging quilt for the piecing classes I teach.  I try & use these samples to experiment with new designs & really push myself on the longarm.  With this quilt I decided to really push myself & quilt the "bump back" feathers I've been practicing, but haven't actually applied anywhere!  Needless to say, I'm very happy with the result!  I also use Lisa Sipes' triple stitch design in the white background.  Wow that took a long time, but definately worth the work in the end!  You can read more about it on my blog.  Thanks!

star1.jpg

star2.jpg

star3.jpg

Robin, it turned out gorgeous!!!  Beautiful job on your feathers and also your ruler work!  Nice job.  That should get lots of  people signing up for the class.......and then maybe you'll be doing the quilting on most of them!  ;)   :rolleyes:

Thank you!  I really hope to be able to quilt them!

Great Quilting!  Could you please explain what you mean by triple stitch.  The pictures are not large enough to see.  Thanks!

Thanks!

The Triple Stitch is 3 straight lines stitched very close to each other- like 1/16"-1/8" apart.  From a distance it looks like one thick line, but when you get close you can see the individual lines & they really add to the effect.  Let me see if I can attach a picture with more detail.

post-7966-0-57361400-1372274098_thumb.jpg

Archived