Looking for "neighbors"

:P You guys crack me up! Judy L used to be my not-very-far-away-neighbor but she had to up and move to Missouri. :(

I thought perhaps there would be a few longarmers in this neck of the woods and we could maybe start a longarm guild. I think it might be a wee bit of a commute to Austrailia, Texas, & Alaska! :D However, I have a step-daughter in the burbs of Houston so next time I'm down there maybe I'll give you a holler, Kenna.

Lesley, what is the weather like down there?

Shana, keep those cards & letters comin', you hear? :D

Even though I didn't find any closer neighbors, it was a delight to chat with you all and I hope to catch up with you again soon! You made my day!

Connie W

Connie: You sound lonely!;) Sorry I left but you know how much I love MO.

There are probably a dozen longarmers in Owensboro, at least one in Rockport, probably a dozen or more in Evansville. I know there are some in Paducah, one or more in Central City. I met a couple of ladies from Santa Claus who were longarmers too.

You might check with Betty and see about putting a note in the shop or send a letter to the Owensboro and Evansville quilt guilds and ask them to have their longarmers send you an e-mail.

There are way more around than I know about but when you stop to think how many there are, it would surprise you.

Don't despair . . I'll see you in April! :)

MISS JUDY! Thanks for posting. If I could, I would reach out my arm and give you a hug. So will you accept a smiley instead? :) I know there are other longarmers out there and I like your idea of making some connections through Betty. However, I didn't know there were that many!

I hope you don't get pounded again by more icky weather! At least you didn't move to upper NY!

You betcha' I'll see you in April - I'm saving your room. Paducah won't be the same after we arrive!

Connie,

I live in Louisville Kentucky. However I'm not calling myself a longarmer (I guess that's the right term) because I only purchased my machine in August of last year.

One day I just decided I wanted to learn how to quilt. I didn't even know how to piece the quilt together much less use a longarm machine.

I haven't gotten a full quilt together yet. I have to learn how to do the binding and mitered corners. OH yea, I forgot to tell you, I had never sewed anything before.

I have 2 industral embroidery machines and I guess fooling with them and my love for quilts is why I decided to do this.

So, if your looking for someone to offer some advice or some help, I'm not the person you would need. But if your looking for a friend or someone to talk about quilting with or maybe go to a quilt show then I would like to do that.

I'm sorry that I'm not knowledgeable enough to help, but I'm good at talking on the phone and going shopping.

Your welcome to e-mail me if you like at fastazzu@aol.com

Have fun quilting,

Donna Gale Hays

Don't know yet about getting up to the Bloomington show but if I do I'll be in touch. Isn't it next month? I used to drive up to Indy when I served on a board up there but since I've resigned from it I rarely go up. I love the occasional trip to Nashville IN - Brown County - and I'm LONG overdue for one. I do have some friends & DH has relatives in the Columbus & Bloomington area, all over Indiana, really. My DH graduated from IU and also IU Med school.

We don't go to Nashville, TN unless we are attending an event of some type, no family there. I've just been interested in finding out if there are other longarm quilters in the near vacinity and get acquainted with them. I appreciate hearing from each one of you. Thanks for posting a reply to me, it's great to know that you're out there.

Hi Jennifer, Connie,

I am in NE Indiana..and am on the waiting list for saturdays class in Bloomington with Cynthia England. Crossing every toe, finger, and hair on my head in hope that I can get in! I am right now planning on going to the show on Friday, and if I dont get to know by the end of that day whether I get in Saturday, I will be going back to Elkhart. Otherwise, will be spending the night. If either of you are going to be there, let me know!

And the stash bandits?? COME ON....I would bet you couldnt carry it all....lol:D

Archived