MQX West - East

Hi Patrice,

I went the first year I got my long arm and just walked around, looking at gadgets, rulers, computers and stuff.

I asked lots of questions and it was really helpful to me just knowing what all the available helpers were.

I stayed 1 night, and was late to the party for registering for classes.

If you can go, go for as long as you can and take some classes.

You'll learn a lot in a short time.

Have fun!

Edit..I went to MQX East.

But I've heard West is even better.

The classes at MQX East have been great--I have gone two years in a row, and each time I learn so much.  I would definitely recommend taking classes, and would also recommend registering ASAP. I know some classes will sell out super fast.

It has a great quilt show and vendor booths. Many types and skill-levels of classes to take, including computer and business classes. Hand's-on classes are available. Classes start on Wednesday, but the show and vendors open on Thursday. You can register last-minute for classes at the venue, if there's still room. Why not give it a try if you're going to be close.

I am also a newbie. I went to the MQX East show this past April. I have to say the classes were great, the vendors were great and the quilts were gorgeous. I'd recommend going as long as you can and taking hands on classes. They were most beneficial to me as I am a visual person. Most of all go and have fun! Enjoy.

Archived