MQX Portland - I'll be there. Do I get to see you???

It's been 5 years since I've attended a quilt show, or taken quilting classes. I have signed up for classes at MQX Portland this October. I am getting excited to attend. My dearest sister lives in Salem so I get to have some sisser time, too! :) Looking forward to going..... maybe I'll see some of you there?

Shana

How far is Portland from Seattle? Is there a shuttle bus or shuttle flight?  My son's fiance is still in their old apartment in Seattle/Tacoma area while he is at Ft. Knox.  I could fly out to see her and go to the show also. 

It's 150 miles from Tacoma,Teresa. Definitely there are shuttle flights or it's a beautiful train ride. Portland has a great light rail system that will take you downtown to the Convention Center from the train station. My friend and I are driving down early Wednesday from Olympia. If you can get to Olympia (25 miles south of Tacoma) you're welcome to ride with us. We'll be coming home on Friday. Email me if you're interested.

Woo hoo!!! Moxies rejoice!!  Our Moxie-sister from the north will be there!!  I'm driving down from Seattle on Tuesday, Teresa, so if you need a ride - and can't get to Olympia - I'll be glad to pick you up!  I will be at MQX for the Ice Cream Social on Tuesday night, then classes on Wed., Thur., Fri AND Saturday.  Catherine Wynne (seakitten here on the forum) and I are sharing a room near the Convention Center.  It's gonna be a partay!!! ;)

Teresa, I don't know about hotel rooms near the convention center (as in right across the street) but I do know the Red Lion is right across the street from the convention center and it has been blocked for everyone who is attending the MQX show. I think you need to contact the Red Lion directly to book it. Or, check the MQX web site and see if they have a special code to enter to reserve your room.

I'll be staying with my sister in a hotel in downtown Portland that's walking distance to and from the Max rail system. I want to stay some place nice that is located downtown, so I am thinking of staying downtown across the river from the Convention Center. I'll be talking to my sister about her thoughts. So that way I can use the Max rail to get back and forth to and from my hotel to the convention center.

I have a question about the Max.  Is it possible for me to buy a 4 or 5 day pass that I can use any time?

Oh Barb, you are such a LOVE! :P  And you are the sweetest. I cannot ... I C.A.N.N.O.T. wait to see you again, Barb. 

My sister (who lives in Salem) will have her car because she is working and will be driving to work from the hotel every day. We plan on seeing family while I'm down there who live in Portland area. I am getting so excited to see and do so much!  I am thinking of staying at a hotel near the TriMet rail system. Easy peasy for measy! :rolleyes: That way I can go back and forth from the convention center to the hotel any time I feel like it (during the day) and won't have to rely on anyone for a ride. But I appreciate your kind offer, sweet Barb!!

I am driving up on Wednesday so I will be at the show Thursday and Friday. I am staying in North Portland with my DS/DDIL/ and most especially my DGD, and will have a car.

Please count me in for dinner Thursday night! I am so looking forward this!!

Wow, this is so exciting! I might get to meet some of my 'northern hemisphere' forum family!! :)

I am attending from Tuesday to Saturday. Doing the ice cream social on Tues night and 4 classes. Would love to attend the dinner on the Thursday if possible, but will need directions on how to get there. Being an 'out of towner' I will definitely need help in being pointed in the right direction.

Roll on October!!!! :)

Okay, so APQS dinner on Thursday night, time and place to be determined as we get closer.  Whadda ya think about some sort of identification of our APQS "chatters"?  At MQS in Kansas City, we wore blue ribbons on our nametags - that way you could pick out a fellow "chatter" in a class or sitting at the tables.....

I am looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces in October.  We had the dinner at Stanford's last year and that seem to work well, so that is a possibility perhaps. Another hotel near the show is the Crowne Plaza.  We have stayed there the last two years, it is about a ten minute walk from the convention center.

Oh, YEAYY!  I guess I missed this earlier post, Shana, I can't wait to actually meet you.  I'm getting excited about he show.  Barb & I will be staying at the Inn at the Convention Center (I think we got the last room), & since it looks like she will be the official Moxies taxi service, I'll get to see all of you.  The blue ribbons are a good idea.  I'm flying in to Portland around noon on the 8th, leaving Saturday afternoon to visit my daughter in the SF Bay area.  Anyone going to be in SF or the East Bay that week & want to go on a shop hop?  

FYI Be sure to check with your hotels before you buy the Light Rail pass. Many of them will provide them free if you book for a convention or continous stay. Also don't forget there is a wonderful trolley line from the convention center into downdown which goes through the pearl district in downtown and then onto pioneer place in the heart of the city, wonderful upscale shopping and food. The trolley is A great ride if nothing else.The trolly line is associated with Tri-met so the same pass is good on the entire system, Bus, trolley or light rail.

Lucky me lives and works 6 miles from the center.

Terry

Archived