KQR (kinda quilt related)--Ipad case

After having seen the Ipad ap that allows you to draw on the picture of your quilt top (ie, brainstorm your quilting plan), I finally took the plunge and got an IPad.  Now I am boggled by the vast range of covers/cases--pretty, industrial strength, etc., and with a vast price range.  Does anyone have any tips on what I should or should not consider?

I just recently purchased an ipad and bought a case at the Apple Store. It feels kind of like a rubber on the outside, comes in several colors, and just snaps onto the ipad. It has a four sectioned cover that folds over the screen. The cover can fold to the back and give you a slight tilt on a table top. Also, the cover stays closed -- I think there is a magnetic edge.  I got a pretty light blue and I like it a lot.  Seems to protect very well.  It's the only case I've had, so can't advise about any others.

Where can I find info about this ap?

I just recently purchased an ipad and bought a case at the Apple Store. It feels kind of like a rubber on the outside, comes in several colors, and just snaps onto the ipad. It has a four sectioned cover that folds over the screen. The cover can fold to the back and give you a slight tilt on a table top. Also, the cover stays closed -- I think there is a magnetic edge.  I got a pretty light blue and I like it a lot.  Seems to protect very well.  It's the only case I've had, so can't advise about any others.

Where can I find info about this ap?

I got the same thing and also made a case to keep it all in along with a stylus.  Yes,  Sylvia,  which app for drawing on photos did you get as I want one too!

So after a year of research, I finally bought a twelvesouth bookbook - http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_ipad/ - It's sturdy, it can be a stand or it can lay flat or I can hold it literally like a book, and what's better, if I've got it in my purse out in public, at first glance, it doesn't *look* like an iPad at allt, just an old book. Expensive, yes, but it's proven to be well worth it. 

i also have that flip off cover that mary describes.

that's all i use around the house.

i like it cause it goes off & on easily.

when i'm traveling, i just stick it in this case i made without a pattern a few months back.

i quilted the fabric before i cut it.

i laid the iPad on top the quilted fabric and eyed it for cutting.

remember to allow enough for seams.

i used french seams to make the edges more padded. 

then i just bound the top.

easy peasy.

mine is snug, but i like it that way.

8490038184_158a105921.jpg
image by quiltymeg, on Flickr

of course, one more thing....

the app i use to draw is sketchbook pro.

i have the free version and so far, it's been good enough for me.

i use it for practicing.

'm almost always drawing on it and it has really helped me give my freehand designs consistent spacing.

i swear i can never remember everything i want to say in one post.

if i had a brain, i'd be dangerous.

• 5 months later...

EC, I just saw your post. My DH loves TwelveSouth. He has the IPhone case and won't be without one. No more wallet for him. His phone and cc's are all together. He used the MacBook case for a good while but then stopped because the MacBook gets hot and the case was holding too much heat. 

Just to update: I got the apple cover, which seems to do the trick for me.  I carry it around in a Vera Bradley pouch for a little extra padding.  (I know, I know, I coulds sewed one myself but Vera's was quicker.)  But I got my college-aged son, who does things like fall off his skateboard onto his backpack, an otterbox--those puppies seem pretty much indestructible.

Archived