Bliss carriage

I was cleaning my table and carriage and I noticed something interesting where the carriage sits on the metal rod. At each end there is a black piece that has batting like material tucked in it. I am wondering if that is correct or if I somehow rolled over batting. I never noticed it before and I am having an issue where sometimes the machine just stops. No thread breakage but the stich regulator stops. I was looking at the carriage for thread and such and noticed the batting.

Do others have this batting like material on ther Bliss carriage?

Thanks!

Sandy,

The "batting" you're seeing is an integral part of the Bliss carriage - it keeps lint and threads that fall on the Bliss rod out from under the carriage assembly.  It is actually a fan-folded piece: as it wears out over time, you can pull a little more out and clip it off.  Do not take it out!

And your stitch regulator issue may be static-related.  Call service at APQS and let them know what's happening - you may need an anti-static cable between your head and the carriage.  And keep me posted on how you are doing!!!

Thanks Barb! I appreciate the info on the batting stuffed in the carriage. I just took a bunch of stuff apart to clean everything well and at lest for the last row I had to do on this quilt the head did not stop. If it happens again I will give APQS a call.

• 1 month later...

Archived