Quiltazoid beadboard corners

PeggyB

Ladies can you help me out?  I have the quiltazoid and I want to do beadboard around an applique border.  I am going to start in the corner and have a miter line so that the corner is beadboard horizontal and vertical meeting on the miter.  My question is when you use quiltazoid to do this what is the best method?  Do you sew vertical, stop at the miter then move the board and due the horizontal and repeat until you reach far enough that you can just do all the horizontal across?  Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PeggyB

The one time I did that, actually something very similar.. I started in the corner, at the square and measured and stitched them after making sure the top would lay flat when that was done.

Then I worked my way on across..  to the center, and from the last end back to the center.  Seemed to work out quite well.

Good luck.. could you perchance practice on paper, or on the dsm,   find the method or sewing sequence that is most comfy for you?

You will do well.. and remember to relax.   Don't be afraid to baste an area if you think it will give problems, or use a tad of spray baste.

Rita

How about marking your miter line. Then when using the QZ to stitch the vertical, stop at the miter line, disengage the QZ, and use your channel lock to stitch the corresponding horizontal. Do that for each line in the corner area and then reposition your QZ for the sides. How will you handle the beadboard behind the applique? Are you planning on jump-stitches or starts and stops?

Pictures please when you finish.

I have done it both ways described above.  I always mark the miter line as Linda suggests and then stitch to that point and turn when I'm doing the lines all the way out, ending with a square.  The other thing that I do is stitch the miter line, then halfway between the last beadboard line another angled line, then split that space by half, etc. until you get the density you want.  It creates a radiating design in the corner square.

If you outline the appliqué you don't have to jump over the appliqué or tie off every quilting line. Quilt up to the outline of the appliqué, lift the stylus out of the groove and set it on top of the template and guide it until the stylus "thunks" into the next grove. Then quilt the next line down to the block edge which has also been stitched in the ditch. Lift the stylus and thunk down hiding the traveling line in the ditch stitching. Quilt lines up, down, up, down, all the way around the appliqué. When you get to the top side of the appliqué the grooves in the Quiltazoid will line up with the lines on the bottom of the appliqué.. I did this on my cape diagonally between all the circles and geese.

I used the 1/2 inch cross hatch to do my new granddaughter Eliza's quilt. It is supposed to be like sunlight coming in on a diagonal. I got a 3rd place at the Iowa State Fair. The grooves line up even between the leaves. Up, down, and travel on the outline of the leaves. I sometimes outline the leaf as I am doing the cross hatching .

How did It get upside down!!!

Archived