Good morning.  i parked my machine last night after finishing a quilt.  I started her up this morning, loaded a new quilt, put new bobbin in and broke a needle...inserted another, broke it again.  Checked bobbin and oh my goodness, the black holder is loose and turning all of its own.  that little black arm that I assume holds the bobbin in place is loose and detached.  i tried to put it back in place and tighten it up, but the machine won't stitch.....what is happening, how did this happen and what can I do to fix it?  Please...i am so backlogged with work, can't affort this down time.  

Help pleasepost-3772-0-02481600-1376150515_thumb.jpgpost-3772-0-63062400-1376150529_thumb.jpg

I am no pro ,but what I would do while waiting for an educated response is go to utube and they have posted some great clips on timing your machine ,it will help you better understand the way these parts should be lined up and move ,I am guessing you just had a screw come loose but this is what it may take to get it back right .

Ooooohhhhhh....I'm so sorry Monika.  Slow down.  Take deep breaths.  This is very do-able.  I retimed my machine during a reaction crisis with a medication I was taking.  Hopefully the problem is the timing.  Try to compare your machine to pictures to make sure all the parts are there and a screw hasn't slipped out or anything.  It's strange that it would just go out of time without some trauma to it, but then I'm definitely no expert with these machines.  Hang in here and I bet Dawn will be on before long and your problems will be solved.  Sending lots of positive energy your way.

Thanks Oma, now I have one of the fuses out on my machine and the assembly manual that came with the machine doesn't seem to tell me where to find that and the DVD that came with the package for maintenance tips doesn't want to work in my MacBook and I have no DVD player.  I am ready to have a good cry......

So sorry about the finger!  Guess maybe unplugging the machine when working on it is a good idea.  (I should mention here that I gave myself a very slight shock while attempting to change out a fluorescent charger today with machine turned on.  Not too bright Beth!  Makes my hair curly though. :) )

Monika - have you tried to contact Matt Sparrow?  he may be able to help you out . . . It's the weekend (and the Edmonton Folk Music Fesitval) so he may "off line" - but he's pretty good at getting back to you if you call and leave a message.  So sorry to hear of all the troubles - especially your fingers!  It reminds me to keep my hand clear of the buttons when working in the bobbin area!  Hope it all works out for you - and soon!

Thanks everyone.  I persevered and gritted my teeth and looked at Amy's video 10 times front to back.  It is all together and i am on the third row of my Quilt with good tension front and back and no thread breakage. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed please that everything is where it should be.

Thanks again for your help and thoughts.....and YES, keep hands clear of bobbin area when you pushing buttons, or better yet, shut power off when cleaning and stuff....

Monika :)

Monika ,I am so thrilled to see you are back rocking and rolling , I have never had to redo my timing thus far ,I think I felt your pain today from far away ,its so frustrating when we go into panic mode seeking help but that's one of the many great reasons I chose APQS for my longarm ,helps always just a click away ,keeping my fingers crossed that you have been 100 % successful and no more problems or loose screws for you !

Glad things are back together, Monika! Sorry I couldn't help earlier today beyond my initial email to you. Cell service was very limited in southern Wyoming. Also sorry about your finger. Amy can relate...she got a little too close while doing a class at MQX a few years ago and also needed stitches. Take care!

Archived