making design into panto in QP

newmillie2010

You need to set it up in "panto".  Put your quilt dimensions in (height and width).  Select the pattern and then you will need to determine how many rows and pattern repeats.  There is a great group of Youtube videos for training on how to do this on the APQS Youtube site and on the APQS web site. On the APQS website select "products" and then select "quilt path".  Then select "videos" and you will see the instructions on how to set up pantographs.  If you have trouble, send me an email with your phone number and I will give you a call and help walk you through it.

• 7 months later...

I tried to do something like this the other day and when it stitched out the first design, it stitched a line through it; I had optimized it and even tried a different design and got the same problem; they were in the block file; I believe it is the fill block; not sure of the name; but I did all that you said above; wondering if you all have any tips? Thanks,Merrie

Julie,

Here's a link to the demo software (must be a Windows-based computer to work):

http://www.cabinlogic.com/site/apqs-demo

CattyWampus, if you do the "optimize" step, do NOT select "connect the first and last points". That causes Quilt Path to stitch a line from the ending point in your panto all the way back to the starting point.

Terry,

There might be a time when you would want that option, but most of the time you don't.  I can think of a a couple of block designs that I might connect the first and last point if I wanted a continuous design.  For instance, if I had drawn 3 sides of a square or if I was drawing a star and wanted the last like to complete without trying to do in QuiltCAD.  

So while I usually want to say no to the question, I can see times that it might be helpful.   Of course, when you are picking out a line that is all the way across the width of your quilt, it seems like the worse option ever.   Hopefully, that is one of those mistakes that I will only make once.  ;)

Archived