Stitches going toward back look like zigzags!! HELP!

I need some help and/or suggestions here please.

So, I am working from the front of my machine. When I stitch from back to front all is beautiful. However when I travel from front to back it looks like I am zigzaging!. And I'm NOT drinking; just looks that way!!  :lol:  :lol: Tension is great, needle new, clean wheels and encoders. hmmm???

Any ideas? 

Thanks!!

I also had this problem when going front to back and it was my hopping foot- the front was higher than the back. I used the screwdriver to tweak it, as described in by Dawn in my topic "Wonky stitches, plus SR issue".

I hope you figure it out, so frustrating to have great stitches in one direction but not the other!

OK, so I turned the needle to the left, slightly. This has helped somewhat. I also am missing the static strap that was supposed to come with my M&M wheels. That might be the other part of the problem! I will put a call into APQS on Monday.

Thanks girls!

Also will try lowering the foot.

Thanks so much for posting this topic. We have had the same problem for a long time. I was told that I was using to heavy of thread. I love the heavy threads, if I am going to quilt I want to see the thread. When we first got the milli had no problem. We did a trapunto project and had to raise the hopping foot. I bet we didn't get it low enough when we readjusted after that. How do you know how low to put it?

Thanks

Don

Move your machine to the side, away from the quilt. Remove the needle and lower the needle bar to the lowest position by using the needle down button. Slide a business card between the hopping foot and the needle plate. It should be snug but you should be able to move it under the foot easily. The snugness should be equal in all directions. When I did this because I was having this problem, the front was noticeably higher than the back.

I don't have the same brand of machine as you guys (I have a Nolting 24 Pro with Intellistitch), but this happened to me today for the first time! My DH had used "my" air compressor (it's really his ! LOL) and it is on the same circuit as my longarm. He was airing up our F250's tires and had the compressor running for a while while I was quilting. I've never run the compressor but for a couple of minutes when my quilting machine is running and this time lo and behold, I had little zigzags from from front to back but in no other direction and couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong, so I powered my machine down, unplugged it from the wall and replugged it in and powered it up. All was fine again. Kinda of an odd fix, and I'm grateful it was so easy, but I wonder if plugging and repowering would work with the APQS when this happens? Just throwing it out there for the memory banks cuz you never know!

Archived