Paducah

chickenscratch

Is anybody planning to go to Paducah. I'm thinking about taking off work that Friday to go up and take a class or two, then going back up on Saturday to look and shop.

There is a formal feathers class with Irena Bluhm that I might take. I'm not familiar with her work. Does anybody recognize the name. The photo in the class ad is beautiful.

Hi Teresa--

Irena Bluhm is a wonderful teacher--I took two classes from her at Innovations. She has a delightful accent and is perky and full of laughter. Her feathers class is great. She will encourage you and show off your attempts--she says everyone has their own feathers and all are beautiful! She is the artist who stitches a white wholecloth with flowers, feathers and birds--using green thread. Then she colors with colored pencils or Shiva paintsticks. One of her wholecloths was on the cover of Unlimited Possibilities last year. Have fun in your class!

Linda Rech

I have never been to Paducah, but hear it is wonderful and overwhelming!! I have also heard it is next to impossible to find a place to stay unless you have reservations WWWWAAAAYYYYY in advance. Have you ladies ever been? And what has been your experience of finding a place to stay? linda

Teresa:

I'll be there! I'm thinking I'll arrive on Monday and leave whenever my friend kicks me out. Hear that Connie?:o

Since I have to drive 8 hours or so to get there now (I used to live less than 2 hours from Paducah), I'll spend Monday night in a hotel and then hopefully meet up with Connie and some other friends on Tuesday.

I love Paducah and I love the quilt show there!

We are going to a quilt show in Somerset New Jersey March 1. Maybe we will see someone from APQS there. We are also going to a show in Pottstown on March 14 and would like to try and get to the MQX in April in Manchester New Hampshire. It runs from April 11 to 14. I even entered a contest for a chance to attend but do not have that kind of luck. I see lots of notes from Oregon and California even BC Canada but not too many from the east coast. Would like to meet some more LAQuilters. I do not do it for money just for my obsession for sewing anything and everything.

• 1 month later...

Tina, I will definitely be stopping by to see you. I need to make a decision about a new machine.

I would like to suggest that any of us who do go wear a purple ribbon so we will recognize each other.

Has anybody heard of any openings in any of the classes? I asked to be put on the waiting list for a couple, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I've already asked for Friday off work. YEAH!! (SHHH, I have a doctor's appointment in the middle of the day;) )

I'm going to Paducah, too. I will get there Wednesday afternoon sometine, as we have a 12:29 PM arrival time in Nashville, then a 2 hour drive to our hotel. I thought we were staying in Paducah, but we're actually staying in Metropolis, Ill.

Anyway, I'll be taking 4 classes. 4/26, 5:30-8:30 PM Whimsical Feathers, 4/27, 1:00-4:00 So You Want to be a Longarm Quilter, 4/27/07, 5:30-8:30 Formal Feathers in Motion and 4/28/07 1:00-4:00 New Feathers by Machine.

I don't have a longarm..."yet" but I had this wonderful chance to take 3 longarm classes (and one on a domestic machine), so I thought I'd "just go for it". I guess it's like putting the cart before the horse.

The 3 longarm classes are on a Gammill, not an APQS machine. I am 99% sure I want a Millie, or a Green Millie, but I did not see any indication that APQS was offering anything at Paducah. Also, this way I can really test drive the Gammills and get a sense what they are all about. I have test driven APQS machines numerous times at shows in PA, plus I took a 1/2 day class (it really wasn't a class, more of an FYI session provided by APQS) about 3 years ago.

Even with classes using a Gammill, I'm sure what I learn about feathers will help me with whatever machine I eventually get.

I'll wear a purple ribbon tied to my shoulder bag. I am 5'7" (was 5'8" before the big "O"), late 50s, short, gray hair, and could loose about 15 pounds. Beautiful, huh? LOL I hope to meet some of you there. PS - my cell phone number is 215-498-0497. If you are at the show, please give me a call and perhaps we can meet.

Sandy

I plan to go but due to some personal complications at home (family health related issues) I am more or less on hold until closer to the show. I prefer to go on Wednesday & Thursday to the Paducah show. Also there's a little show in Grand Rivers, across the street from Patti's restaurant in the community building. It has quilts on display and some vendors. I enjoyed it last year. I don't have a problem finding a place to stay because we have a home in the area. Lucky me. :)

I am excited as well. This is my first trip to Paducah and my 2nd "big" quilt show. Had a quilt in Nashville the year before last and that was my first show I had ever been to. I understand Paducah is a super show. I hope I can meet some of you there. Tina, I will stop by the APQS booth and introduce myself. Hope you all have fun.

YES!!! Everyone stop by and say hello!!!! Y'all know how much I LOVE to chit-chat!!:D

Judith, OhMyGawsh!! It has been over a year, hasn't it??? Yikes!! Time sure flies when life gets crazy!!;):P

Kate, I visit your neck of the woods every summer... my family comes from this area- It's beautiful around you!:)

Teresa, Come talk to me... We'll discuss potential longarm options... Hee! Hee!;):P

Archived