Pros, cons, and differences of Quiltazoid and Circle Lord

whitepinesquilter

For those that have one or the other can you tell me why you prefer your system, etc. I've looked at both of these but haven't made the leap because I don't quite understand their differences. I'm hoping some of you with one or the other will be kind enough to give your opinion. I see Quiltazoid is no longer going to be sold once their supply is exhausted, but I still will consider it as an option. I have an Ultimate I, size is same as the Millie. Thanks!

Hi, Marci.. All of the Circle Lord products are very easy to use. I purchased my first templates soon after I got my Millie and as a new longarmer they helped make my quilting look good and they have been the mainstay of my quilting. While I do not always fill a quilt with Circle Lord patterns I often use the templates to create areas on my quilts that I fill in with free motion quilting.  I have ordered Quilt Path and have sold some of my templates, however I am keeping the Circle Lord unit as well as some of the templates that I think I will still use after QP is installed.

There is a no interest payment plan and the Circle Lord comes with a money back guarantee. Michael and Kay are wonderful to work with and they will help you choose the products that will fit your type of quilts and quilting. If you have a need to talk with them or have questions you can call them almost any time. I have always been 100% satisfied with my CL and the service that I receive.

Please take a look at the CL website and browse the two CL quilt shows. After you select a show you will see links on the right that will bring up quilts by the template(s) used. There is a very large selection of both giant templates and design templates, and Michael continues to deliver new and innovative templates that get better and better. Michael recently published a new and improved price list with amazing deals!

http://circlelordindex.blogspot.com/

I cannot speak for other products but I will say that I am a very happy and satisfied Circle Lord user.

Here is a list of the remaining templates that I have for sale:

GIANT BOARDS

Greek Key/Swirls Border King $220

Lily 12”, King 126”` $220

Pebbles Border Short section $35

Ribbles 15”, King, 3 sections 132” $200

Star Dance Queen-1/2, 115” $200

Trillium Queen-1/2, 110” $200

DESIGN TEMPLATES

Butterfly Set $115

Ginko Mini & Pattern $40

Spirals – 12” $40

Giant Spiral – 1” $80

Those with the Quiltazoid please chime in? I've watched all videos, etc., on these systems (that aware of) and come away thinking the CL is a table mounted system like my Hartley Fence setup, abd the Quiltazoid is front mounted. If that is their main differences I will switch over to the Quiltazoid for the ease of working from the front. I can't seem to find what else is different?

I have an Ultimate I too, use the CL basic from the front all the time, in the back, I only have the CL stylus (very sturdy) and Michael also sells a stylus that will fit all other boards (R & S etc. their slots are different sizes).  I recently got the pushbutton and love that too.  In the front, there is a long stylus holder, you mount the CL over 2 rails (you have the 4 rail system right?) it is completely adjustable.  You put a template on it (the square templates, not the long boards) and with Intellistitch (which I added 1 1/2 years ago) you put the stylus in the slot, pull up bobbin thread and start stitching!  The front works great for doing things in individual blocks, making circles, concentric circles/squares etc. even x-hatching in smaller areas!  Now from the back, you can use the big/long boards and stitch all the way across the quilt (super fast all-over designs).  Again, all I have in the back is the stylus holder from CL.  But, with the pushbutton, I can set up the long x-hatching board in back and then quilt from the front (lifting the stylus with the pushbutton to "jump" over lines or applique or whatever) makes background x-hatching in a border or all across the quilt easy.  Since the CL boards are big, you don't have to roll a lot or "leapfrog" boards, it's a little tricky after you x-hatch a whole section and then roll the quilt (I don't have motorized) but as I said, the CL is so adjustable that it's easy to re-align your stitching for the next section.  Want some photos?  I could later tonight, I have work and a meeting today.  A lot of people are going computerized so you can get used boards from them here (and Michael lowered all his prices recently).  The CL has a "spiro" which has infinite possibilities to make spirograph type designs, it is used on the basic set-up (mine is in front) you stitch a section and stop, turn the spiro template one click and then stitch again, repeat.  Now the Quiltazoid has a spirograph attachment that uses a handle - like the pen in the old game circles, you turn and stitch out these designs (that is cool) but I don't know much else about their boards, etc

Quiltazoid.

I loved the QZ.  I prefer it because it can use any boards, including the circle lord.  CL can only use their boards, the last I knew.

With being able to use so many brands, it gives a much larger selection.. RnS is one of my favs.  The Topper is a  place I love.. Den can and I think i'm speaking correctly, will make special boards for you and RnS does also.

It is easy to use, and a ton of fun.. and the boards are much less costly.

I'd recommend it any day.   I only had to sell mine because of arthritis and pinched nerves, deteriorating spine bones and disks.

I still have boards but can't sell them priced as low as Linda and Adam are selling theirs.

I think Linda Rech and Den are selling The Topper, much less costly than CL and think it can use CL, know it can use the RnS Boards..   That would or will is another alternative to the CL.

Just my thoughts and opinions.  In other words,  QZ is much more versatile  and much less costly.

Rita

Marci:  I don't really know anything about the Circle Lord, but I do have a Quiltazoid.  It is first rate product.  Well made, and easy to use.  As Rita says, other's templates will fit on the Quiltazoid.  I am sorry to see them drop out of business.  As I understand it, the QZ was a good bit less expensive as the CL  With their close out, it would be a wonderful time to buy one.  The only problem would be the templates, but if other makers templates can be used on the QZ, then i'ts not that big a disavantage.  Jim with "Zelda" the Ult2

love my QZ! can't say enough good about it. i love its ease of use from the front. centering circles is a breeze. I may be wrong, but i believe the quiltazoid no longer includes the spirograph gears. this was the big seller for me in the beginning. i wanted the option of adding spiro designs to my quilts. 

if you do buy one now at the closeout price, try to get the long board adapter also. i use it to quilt my RnS boards from the front as well, and i only need one board, not a set to leapfrog. 

Janet, contact The Topper folks, that is Linda Rech here on the board I think uses a name that begins with llq or llr   I'm so bad with names.

ROFLMHO

I was so totally wrong with the name..   Linda R is  ffq-lar 

you can contact her and see if their Topper would fit your machine. 

It is much like the QZ, and is top quality. 

their boards are also great. 

Rita

She didn't ask any questions.  She just said it would not work on an Ultimate 1.  It is on a metal table with 4 rollers.  I know the Circle Lord will fit as I've talked to Michael about it.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.   Since they are not going to sell them any more, I'll need to decide between the topper and the CL.

Archived