Speed Controller Question

Hi. I have a 1996 Ult I non stitch regulated without a speed controller in easy reach. When my machine is toward the back of the frame, I can't reach the knob to turn up the speed so I can quilt better. Have any of you figured out a way to rig up something on the front of the machine that you can control the speed?  

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

Jenn Wilson

Now, that is some creativity you're employing there! My Ulti I ('89) had the knob in a different position even before I upgraded to stitch regulation (Intellistitch). I was able to reach mine. Dawn, with APQS, may chime in, or you can hope Val, pumpkinpatchquilter, jumps in with a suggestion. Dawn used an Ulti I for many years, and Val has an unregulated UI also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jen. I have the UI as well. I brought my rheostat to the front of the machine. Doo all my work from the front. If you can figure out how you want to it, ten bringing it forward is easy. It only has three wires on it. Go to radio shack and get a small project box and mount it on the top of the machine with mounting tape. The rest is easy. You just need some extra wire of the same strength. Good luck. Call if you need help, 916-689-4992. Zeke.

Archived